Saseeding and trailseeker

Meentb

You might be right on that one, I do not know. However the smaller races also carry a lesser weight in terms of the improvement of the seeding result. The saseeding website explains this I think...

What I don't get though is that the Kiamtbranking system got launched quite some publicity and now there is absolutely no activity on that site... Anyone know what is happening there?

Yeah, and after all the fanfare, a lot of people thought that this (KIA Rankings) would be the answer, if you go to the site though it is affiliated with SASeeding, so maybe there's your answer ? :wacko:

Maybe CSA need to step in here? the sport is growing phenomenally and becoming more and more professional, I hear some referring to MTBing as the new "golf", well golf has a pretty good handicap system, why can't MTBing have a good seeding system?

If we can get this right, it can only be beneficial to all parties, and the sport nationally as a whole. I know that the majority of MTBer's are weekend warriors and enjoy the occasional race, (as are the weekend golfers), but there are also the serious racing snakes out there who need the recognition (and rankings) in order to grow the sport.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must still do a full on prep - Camelbak bladder is full of Milton water at the moment. Guess it is either prepare, or alternatively it'll be a run rather than a MTB ride tomorrow morning :blink:

Yeah, and after all the fanfare, a lot of people thought that this (KIA Rankings) would be the answer, if you go to the site though it is affiliated with SASeeding, so maybe there's your answer ? :wacko:

Maybe CSA need to step in here? the sport is growing phenomenally and becoming more and more professional, I hear some referring to MTBing as the new "golf", well golf has a pretty good handicap system, why can't MTBing have a good seeding system?

If we can get this right, it can only be beneficial to all parties, and the sport nationally as a whole. I know that the majority of MTBer's are weekend warriors and enjoy the occasional race, (as are the weekend golfers), but there are also the serious racing snakes out there who need the recognition (and rankings) in order to grow the sport.

Well Kia were originally going to sponsor a csa ranking and seeding system.....

I was in G batch. But i must admid i had little bottlenecks or singletrack delay issues. A bit in the beginning and then once i started passing E batch oaks it was ok.

Could have been a lot worse.

Who came in for the 70 in under 3 hours? I did not manage it

Was thinking abou getting a new bike. After today, My 26" HT showed he still has it.

Flew down the steep dh section while some people were walking down with their 29" Dual Sus.

I was in G batch. But i must admid i had little bottlenecks or singletrack delay issues. A bit in the beginning and then once i started passing E batch oaks it was ok.

Could have been a lot worse.

Who came in for the 70 in under 3 hours? I did not manage it

DewaldZA managed a 2:45. Reckon helpmytrap managed a 2:30 or less. I had a BAD day. After 50km my legs were dead. And my HR was sky high. Avg HR was 174.

I left in group J in the 40km. The bottle necks were a joke and hopefully Ill move up the ranks after this race. What was interesting was how some guys coming from behind ... (cld only be group K) were running past us in the bushes to get a few cheap positions ahead and maybe a podium finish. Past them up ahead but regret not spitting on them. Its not sportsmanlike to spit

NEEP, you must have been close to me then, those K-bunch riders were royal twats. Them- "Move we started in the batch behind you" Me - "F-off you should have seeded better" You always get them though, people who are too serious about a non-serious race (ie you were not seeded well so you've got almost zero chance of podium)

The seeding system sucks, Started in K and the bottlenecks where silly, Had to pass so many people and was stationary for 8 minutes, without stopping at the water points.

Frustrating day

NEEP, you must have been close to me then, those K-bunch riders were royal twats. Them- "Move we started in the batch behind you" Me - "F-off you should have seeded better" You always get them though, people who are too serious about a non-serious race (ie you were not seeded well so you've got almost zero chance of podium)

to seed better you need to finish the race better,.........

O boy spectrumsport messed things up, they have me down as a DNF. Better go check your results and hit the big WTF complaint button on the webpage directly under the results. Spectrumsports website

Was thinking abou getting a new bike. After today, My 26" HT showed he still has it.

Flew down the steep dh section while some people were walking down with their 29" Dual Sus.

Steep DH? Did you do the Magalies Monster today?