LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Dale is right, limiting fat will help. I also found that we tend to eat too much protein.

Think twice before eating. Are you really hungry or are you eating because its mealtime.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, what's your 'beef' with saturated fats?

Hmm this did confuse me a little bit as all the other information seemed to indicate stay away from leaner proteins and go to saturated fats.

However i do get the idea that you are trying to kick start fat burning.

WRT exercise, i have gleaned that one should initially experiment with your limits once you are in ketosis, as you have the potential to bonk. So start with shorter rides on your own at lower intensity and then extend out the distance and only when fully adapted up the intensity. I know this is a generalization however that seems to be what most people have done.

And carry a GU or something in case you bonk and need to chew your way home.

On the bonking thing I am going to have to experiment a bit. Last night I sat on the trainer for an hour and a half. In the middle of the session was a 15 minute period where I sat at -arounf 172. On my threshold. I used only water and noticed no dip in energy.

Saturday was more extreme. Just about no breakfast and 2:30 with periods of up to 5 minutes with HR over 180. Well above threshold. Only water on that ride.

I am not fit or strong at the moment but seem fairly bonk proof. I will try harder longer intervals as I get fitter and see what happens. What I would like to do is push till I bonk. See how it feels now and where that point is. I always carry gels and bars in case so I will eat and get home after the bonk.

It seems Crede has no big containers of coconut oil, does anyone know where else to try?

On the bonking thing I am going to have to experiment a bit. Last night I sat on the trainer for an hour and a half. In the middle of the session was a 15 minute period where I sat at -arounf 172. On my threshold. I used only water and noticed no dip in energy.

Saturday was more extreme. Just about no breakfast and 2:30 with periods of up to 5 minutes with HR over 180. Well above threshold. Only water on that ride.

I am not fit or strong at the moment but seem fairly bonk proof. I will try harder longer intervals as I get fitter and see what happens. What I would like to do is push till I bonk. See how it feels now and where that point is. I always carry gels and bars in case so I will eat and get home after the bonk.

Go ride with JCZA, he'll make you bonk. I thought I was going to implode on Saturday.

It seems Crede has no big containers of coconut oil, does anyone know where else to try?

How big do you want? They have got 25l and 210l. Not on their website you have got to phone or mail them.

hi what do you guys drink or/and eat on the bike while riding, on the LCHF diet?

Depends on the ride. If it's an endurance type ride just water. If it's a race or something harder than an endurance training ride then what ever I feel like. I prefer to separate hydration and sustenance so tend to water in the bottle and gels, bars, banana or whatever for food.

I pushed it and found on the MTB I blew at around 90km. On road I haven't blown yet. I managed 1 lap of Suikerbosrand without breakfast and 1 x bottle of water and was still ok.

Normal training on road, start with cup of coffee and go ride for 3 hours with water only and I'm still ok. Longer rides I take something sweet with me and stop and have a coke.

Training is the only time I can stay with you Helpmytrap!! :whistling:

Go ride with JCZA, he'll make you bonk. I thought I was going to implode on Saturday.

Hey you dropped your lipstick in my drive way the other morning :devil:

Thanks but no thanks. Prefer to ride on my own at my own level. That sounds painful.

Are you riding tonight?

Yes, I'll see you there. Only the late ride though. Hopefully it will be the start of me getting back on the bike again.

Yes, I'll see you there. Only the late ride though. Hopefully it will be the start of me getting back on the bike again.

Cool see ya later, I am also only doing the late ride

Finally, finally come to the start of what I hope will be my own journey. I have 28kg to lose to get to my goal of 85kg, which is definitely achievable. Now to start trying to incorporate the principles into my everyday life, including cooking dinner etc.

Just had my first breakfast. Black coffee, loads of water, half an avo and 23 boiled eggs with a bit of mayo.

Lunch is either a tin of tuna (in oil) or a chicken breast, and the other half of an avo.