LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Yes it's good on broccoli and cauliflower. Never tried it on steak. I refuse to put it in my coffee. Currently not eating sweet potato. Trying to drop a little more weight so even that is out at the moment. Will also try it on an Omlette.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is another thread on the go about sick Hubbers. Seems quite a lot of sick people around at the moment.

It got me thinking. How are you lot doing on the LCHF diet with respect to winter illnesses?

So far I am doing pretty well. Not a sniffle

There is another thread on the go about sick Hubbers. Seems quite a lot of sick people around at the moment.

It got me thinking. How are you lot doing on the LCHF diet with respect to winter illnesses?

Now that you mention it, I have also been great. Not losing much weight though, but feel good. Could be the wine at night???

Same here

Yep - and I have three infection machines called children who are all at home and not at all well.

Dusi2C next weekend - just waiting for the first sneeze... aargh. Lets hope.

I'm as strong as a horse, even with the rest of the family being sick. I haven't had a cold for about 2 years though, and have only been lchf for 6 months.

Yep - and I have three infection machines called children who are all at home and not at all well.

Dusi2C next weekend - just waiting for the first sneeze... aargh. Lets hope.

Enjoy Dusi2C

I used to have a light flu almost weekly, I think it was brought on by hayfever alergies etc. High carb low fat has made me "bullet proof"!

Racing the van gaalens ultramrathon this weekend, had a mild carbo load last night (2 days in advance) and back onto strict low carb again now to fire up the krebs cycle! I must also say that compared with my riding partner who chows carbs like a race horse I have become much more able to pump out the watts after 2/3 hours when his energy levels tank every time so HCLF definitely works and I'd recommend it to all. Be prepeared for a short downturn (for me I was week for the first 2 weeks) while your body adapts but persevere and you will pop out much stronger!

The last 2 winters on LCHF have been my healthiest WRT colds and flu. Wife had a terrible flu 2 weeks prior to my Sani2C and it passed me by. Nose not even runny on a cold dry freestate morning ride.

What do you drink on the LCHF? Tea, Coffee, water???

I do not drink any alcohol, but really like TAB and Coke Zero. Can I have any of that?

What do you drink on the LCHF? Tea, Coffee, water???

I do not drink any alcohol, but really like TAB and Coke Zero. Can I have any of that?

Water & coffee. I'm not sure about tea but I think it'll probably be ok.

TAB & Coke Zero - NO

Tea is good - I'm trying to cut milk cos it makes my nose run so I have about 15 different flavours of rooibos tea in my cupboard.

Made low carb rusks on the weekend.

Uses almond and coconut flour - not bad but couldn't get them to crisp as much as normal rusks.

Tea is good - I'm trying to cut milk cos it makes my nose run so I have about 15 different flavours of rooibos tea in my cupboard.

Made low carb rusks on the weekend.

Uses almond and coconut flour - not bad but couldn't get them to crisp as much as normal rusks.

Because you live in the Cape. Joburg in winter even the water gets crispy it's so dry.

Actually would like to try the rusks. We have been making carb free muesli. Brilliant. It keeps me full for hours. Eat it with home made yoghurt.

My batter was a bit dry so they were crumbly when I took them out of the pan initially but better once they had dried.

post-30139-0-33176600-1403078247_thumb.jpg

Water & coffee. I'm not sure about tea but I think it'll probably be ok.

TAB & Coke Zero - NO

Noakes agrees with you on this. I'm a Coke Light addict, so this issue has interested me. How can zero calories make you fat? I don't get this. Please shed some light on this.

I have googled this extensively.

Noakes agrees with you on this. I'm a Coke Light addict, so this issue has interested me. How can zero calories make you fat? I don't get this. Please shed some light on this.

I have googled this extensively.

I'm not sure but I suspect that the ingredients in the product is processed crap or else there may be an insulin response.