LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

We have been invited out to a Pizza joint with friends tonight. Wife doesn't want to go, she is concerned about stuffing up all the work done over the last 8 weeks.

So, will cheating tonight stuff the whole thing up?

After 8 weeks, this has become a lifestyle for us and we are feeling fantastic.

Advise please

Surely you don't have to eat pizza? There must be steak/meat & salad on the menu

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you don't have to eat pizza? There must be steak/meat & salad on the menu

Don't know, never been there before. Will phone them and ask.

What to do if there is only Pizza / Pasta?

You do not want to screw up the friendship - I would go and order a pizza with meat; peppers and cheese topping. Eat all the topping and leave the base.

Not the answer I was hoping for. Damn

Tell them to make you a leg of lamb in the pizza oven

We have been invited out to a Pizza joint with friends tonight. Wife doesn't want to go, she is concerned about stuffing up all the work done over the last 8 weeks.

Advise please

Advise please

If you are back on LCHF ASAP it won't stuff up your good work by eating high carb like pizza once in a while. I have monitored myself on many occasions in the past. I am most of the time back in ketosis within 24 hours after a high carb meal, by being strict the next day. A nice ride will also burn the carbs and help you get back into ketosis sooner.

It may however make u verrrrry uncomfortable. I find myself bloated and cramps if I eat bread or the like after I have been strictly on lchf

When I started this thing I decided early on that it was going to be 'for life'. I was in for the long haul. And based on previous experience with 'dieting', as soon as I made it too much about deprivation or denying myself the odd treat now and then, I knew the end-result would be a slow & steady increase in resentment towards the diet. It would be a matter of time before I slowly grew to hate the thing. That would definitely end in failure and a return to the old ways.

Also, I didn't ever want to become that chop at the dinner table who has to be 'different' with his weird food demands. Nothing worse than inviting someone for a braai and they arrive with all sorts of vegan requirements because your food is 'not good enough' for them. I certainly didn't ever want to become one of those people.

Lastly, since I was in it for life, if I fell off the wagon now and then (and I most certainly do!), I was not going to beat myself up about it. If I had a pig-out session on pizza or romany creams and cheesecake, then so be it. Just chill and enjoy it for what it is. It doesn't take much effort to just jump right back on the wagon the next day with a zero-carb day and continue with my life.

Really, there are far more important things in life to worry about than a few slices of pizza. Focus on the big picture and "don't sweat the small stuff" as they say in the classics :).

Guest DieBees

Decline the invite... Easy!

Decline the invite... Easy!

I had steak and a salad... But. I must admit, the couple at the table next to us where eating pizza and I was staring at it like a somalian staring at a McDonalds burger.

When I started this thing I decided early on that it was going to be 'for life'. I was in for the long haul. And based on previous experience with 'dieting', as soon as I made it too much about deprivation or denying myself the odd treat now and then, I knew the end-result would be a slow & steady increase in resentment towards the diet. It would be a matter of time before I slowly grew to hate the thing. That would definitely end in failure and a return to the old ways.

Also, I didn't ever want to become that chop at the dinner table who has to be 'different' with his weird food demands. Nothing worse than inviting someone for a braai and they arrive with all sorts of vegan requirements because your food is 'not good enough' for them. I certainly didn't ever want to become one of those people.

Lastly, since I was in it for life, if I fell off the wagon now and then (and I most certainly do!), I was not going to beat myself up about it. If I had a pig-out session on pizza or romany creams and cheesecake, then so be it. Just chill and enjoy it for what it is. It doesn't take much effort to just jump right back on the wagon the next day with a zero-carb day and continue with my life.

Really, there are far more important things in life to worry about than a few slices of pizza. Focus on the big picture and "don't sweat the small stuff" as they say in the classics :).

Absolutely my and my wife's attitude to the diet Tom. So what if we occasionally eat carbs, my wife's not going to give up some things, and lifes too short to go without beer.

+1

......especially after a long haul in the saddle......boerie with extra onions, or pizza, or just a nice slice of cheesecake.......with beer.

Guest DieBees

I had steak and a salad... But. I must admit, the couple at the table next to us where eating pizza and I was staring at it like a somalian staring at a McDonalds burger.

Ha ha! I have been on this dietfor three weeks and dont crave anything at all. Maybe show me some pizza and the somalian might also surface...

Ive lost 9kg so far and monday is three weeks.

This is a bit off from the mainstream LCHF thing but it is in agreement with what a lot of people are saying about the need for carbs when exercising at high intensity levels.

I have this fondness for making my own food. I sometimes eat bread but only if I make it myself. Same with pasta. Every three months or so I eat pasta and make it from scratch. I also make icecream occasionally.

With that philosophy I have been unhappy with my on bike nutrition. I drink only water on the bike but have been using gels and so on when needing that extra boost. Today I tried making my own gels. I mixed espresso and honey. Half and half. Put it in one of those little bottle dispensers you get for using with gels. Went down easy. Very palatable and no stomach issues. I'm going to try it with condensed milk as well. Tastes better than the gels, works out cheaper.

Hi guys, just started Keto and I thought you veterans could help me out ;)

It's killing me looking at Keto recipes on international sites because they all have this amazing **** like "low-carb barbeque sauce" that they cover ribs in and end up with 6 grams of carbs in a kilo of ribs :(

Do we have access to anything like that in SA? Joburg, more specifically ;)