LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Is the old thread completely lost ??? As in no possibility of recovery ?

Its all a bit deurmekaar now.... :ph34r:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Works fine. Give that man a Bells!! or a fat shake :clap:

Everyone re-posting their stuff may be a bit cumbersome and not in order, so I fear this thread will get really messy.

Is it not easier to just ask Francios to add this link at the top of his very first post in this new thread with a little explanation?

Everyone re-posting their stuff may be a bit cumbersome and not in order, so I fear this thread will get really messy.

Is it not easier to just ask Francios to add this link at the top of his very first post in this new thread with a little explanation?

It will be messy at first, but it will be better for future searches if it was posted here too.

Happiness :D

Am I the only one not able to "follow" this thread. i seemed to have lost that functionality as well as my content, profile etc when I click on my name.

So, I am not on any diet and never have been - however I started noticing towards the beginning of this year that my fat percentage was getting higher than it has ever been before - at a time that I was training more than I have been during the last 5 years. I knew something was up, but just could not determine what the route cause of this was, as I follow a very healthy diet and have been doing since I can remember.

As I have an extremely spastic colon my diet is quite limited, so there was not all that many different things I could try out to see what it was that was causing me to get fatter with such a heavy training and racing load.

Around this time I also stumbled on Prof. Noakes' "drastic new approach" through the wonderful Twitterland - I read up on it and told my wife (awesome chef) about it all - she just sighed cause my colon cannot handle 90% of what goes into the LCHF diet. However, I drastically cut back on carbs and replaced it with proteins - what do you know, a skinny guy losing 3kg in 3months by making one small change in the diet. MAGIC!

So, I am not on any diet and never have been - however I started noticing towards the beginning of this year that my fat percentage was getting higher than it has ever been before - at a time that I was training more than I have been during the last 5 years. I knew something was up, but just could not determine what the route cause of this was, as I follow a very healthy diet and have been doing since I can remember.

As I have an extremely spastic colon my diet is quite limited, so there was not all that many different things I could try out to see what it was that was causing me to get fatter with such a heavy training and racing load.

Around this time I also stumbled on Prof. Noakes' "drastic new approach" through the wonderful Twitterland - I read up on it and told my wife (awesome chef) about it all - she just sighed cause my colon cannot handle 90% of what goes into the LCHF diet. However, I drastically cut back on carbs and replaced it with proteins - what do you know, a skinny guy losing 3kg in 3months by making one small change in the diet. MAGIC!

:thumbup: nice! One question though, do you have enough energy since you are replacing carbs with protein and not fat? Protein isn't a good source of energy

As I have an extremely spastic colon my diet is quite limited, .......

However, I drastically cut back on carbs and replaced it with proteins - what do you know, a skinny guy losing 3kg in 3months by making one small change in the diet. MAGIC!

Hi Stefan,

Congrats - it's always lekker when a change results in positive outcome.

My knowledge of spastic colon is limited, but iirc, its very similar to irritable bowel syndrome. Perhaps do a search for LCHF and IBS, I remember reading about treatment of ibs using LCHF - just cant remember where I read it. Also at a talk by Noakes he stated that leaky gut syndrome can be very effectively cured by LCHF and ensuring that you dont take antibiotics.

Edit: typo.

Edited by DaleE

Roasted & Salted Nuts vs Plain.

Is there any reason you should not be eating the former on this diet as I much prefer roasted and salted to plain and the carb and fat content seem similar.

... can be very effectively caused by LCHF ....

You meant "cured", right ? ;)

Roasted & Salted Nuts vs Plain.

Is there any reason you should not be eating the former on this diet as I much prefer roasted and salted to plain and the carb and fat content seem similar.

I also prefer roasted and as you say there's no diffs in the content, so if you prefer the roasted taste, go for it !

(Home roasted is actually quite easy to do if you have bought a lot of raw nuts like I did at one stage ;) )