Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

After a bit of a ride in the mud and rain yesterday afternoon

You're obviously going too fast for the mud to have time to stick to your bike!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a bit of a ride in the mud and rain yesterday afternoon

but but where's the mud?

Or was it a road ride actually?

You're obviously going too fast for the mud to have time to stick to your bike!

but but where's the mud?

Or was it a road ride actually?

Read it again - mud then rain, in that order. The bike was clearly washed by the rain.. sorry Dimsum, these two are just Dim. :D

Read it again - mud then rain, in that order. The bike was clearly washed by the rain.. sorry Dimsum, these two are just Dim. :D

bwahahaha! Give that man a Bells

So it was like Christmas last night!

At long last, my eagerly awaited Trance 27.5 2 arrived.

It looks amazing, and is a vast improvement over that monstrous Trance 29er that I tried so hard to like.

Some of the spec could be a little better (Shifters, brakes, no dropper post!), but this leaves the door open to years of tinkering with upgrades. I guess that I will add some colour accents to the bike too, as it is almost completely black.

A full ride report will follow after next weekend, but first impressions are excellent.

If you have been toying with the idea, just go for it!

post-4091-0-11860900-1383293488_thumb.jpg

It looks amazing, and is a vast improvement over that monstrous Trance 29er that I tried so hard to like.

Some of the spec could be a little better (Shifters, brakes, no dropper post!), but this leaves the door open to years of tinkering with upgrades. I guess that I will add some colour accents to the bike too, as it is almost completely black.

A full ride report will follow after next weekend, but first impressions are excellent.

Awesome dude!

awesome!!!

I'm also contemplating

I'm waiting to hear from Xfusion Sweep. I want to sell the fox fork straight and slap the sweep on there and reduce to 150mm with a spacer

Bike magic rated the sweep better than the "it's so hot right now" pike

Another thing I'm looking at is a slx shifter (right). For a price of R421.

Going to check if my reverb fits mmmmm. Stealth!!!! And the Rims are ***. Can get mavics' new EN321 640b rims for 400 each on crc. Want to see if I can get local for R650 each. And I want to slap a Hans dampf 2.35 on the front!!

Don't go stealing my ideas now....

Damn sexy!

How much did it set you back & what's the spec?

Do you know whether it can be bought with RS suspension in sa?

Just had another look at the geo of the Reign X vs the Trance 27.5...

post-3056-0-34660500-1383295167_thumb.jpg

Seems the Reign X should JUST have thh advantage ito chuckability. Whew! Was worried I'd have to sell it!

At least mine has a slightly lower HA with the 170mm Lyrik up front. But only just.

Shorter chainstays, shorter wheelbase & slightly higher standover height. Higher BB as wel, which is a slight disadvantage in the handling stakes.

Trance SX though - that has a 66 deg HA - 1 degree slacker. Damn. Gonna have to go all angle-setty on my bike.

that monstrous 29er that I tried so hard to like.

Gratz bro..

black with orange bits would look really good :thumbup:

That is really nice! Was looking at the Bar Drag competition last night where you could win one. Really nice!

@deviate:

150mm will be awesome on this bike, but it is rated all the way up to 160mm if that suits you.

The new Giant Dropper posts are also stealth routed, and much cheaper. For now though, I will have to use my Joplin 4.

I have a set of XT shifters , as well as an XT crank with a 40-28 chainring setup which will go on.

The wheels are not great, but I will ride them til they break, and then look for some bling.

@deviate:

150mm will be awesome on this bike, but it is rated all the way up to 160mm if that suits you.

The new Giant Dropper posts are also stealth routed, and much cheaper. For now though, I will have to use my Joplin 4.

I have a set of XT shifters , as well as an XT crank with a 40-28 chainring setup which will go on.

The wheels are not great, but I will ride them til they break, and then look for some bling.

What did you pay and where? What do you reckon I can get for the fork?

A demo bike is being sent to my lbs!! But all the shops in my area don't believe in discount. The whole "take it or leave it" mentality. Which sucks because end if the day price trumps service for me..... I'm cheap like that!!! Because I have credit card interest to think about.

Hmmm, Black and Orange.... it sounds like I need to go and have a look at Superstar, CRC etc...

I'm having a whale of a time finding orange bits for my Jamis.

Archived