The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Misquoting him - he said its going to be a dangerous descent if its wet mainly because of the road surface and he hoped the organisers made a call that would in the interest of safety for the riders. He was asked to comment on rumors that the second loop is going to be canceled.

If you read that article on Velonews, its not only him making those comments.

Him and Radioshack are quoted.

There have been hairier descents in previous years. In the wet, in the mist.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be nasty for me to say that I wouldnt mind hearing Phil Liggit say " Froome has cracked! Chris Froome has cracked" For no other reason than an exciting last few days of the 2013 TDF

After Froome's ill-timed comments about Contador's descent two days ago, I am starting to lose a little respect. Sure, as patron of the peloton, he is well-placed to voice concerns to the organisers.

But Sky are really beginning to sound like a Lance-run operation. Remember how they bullied the Giro into neutralising a stage.

Bad taste.

Ditto...!!

Morning everyone, especially to those of you at the office today. Eish, my condolences, you're going to miss a helluva battle. I'll be at home with my feet up, watching from start to finish.

Taking a day's leave just to watch the TDF has me feeling like a combination of cutting school and winning money on the lotto.

I can't remember when last I got this excited about a sports event :clap: .

It is amazing how Froome can go from hero to villain in 232 pages, I can see a Lance asult on him for the next few years. It is almost in his best interest to crack to squash roomers of him using drugs

Morning everyone, especially to those of you at the office today. Eish, my condolences, you're going to miss a helluva battle. I'll be at home with my feet up, watching from start to finish.

Taking a day's leave just to watch the TDF has me feeling like a combination of cutting school and winning money on the lotto.

Bastard!

Enjoy! :thumbup:

demmit, why didn't I pull a sicky.

It is amazing how Froome can go from hero to villain in 232 pages, I can see a Lance asult on him for the next few years. It is almost in his best interest to crack to squash roomers of him using drugs

I wouldn't call him a villain. Am still supporting him all the way to Paris. But he's saying some silly stuff.

You got a link to that story?

kosmosnooit put out a 'soundcloud' link which had him interviewed and discussing the safety issue.

I say that his attitude to 'Berto attacking as "unnecessary risk" is uncool.

It's racing. Risks and seizing opportunities are part of the deal.

There are thundershowers forecasted for today. Sky/Froome is already suggesting that there be only 1 x Alp d'Huez if it rains.

They're risk averse and fear losing the yellow jersey in slippery conditions.

nah not villian...bit harsh...still hoping for him to win come sunday....however his comments in the last two days has left me with a kuk taste, to the point where I am now hoping bertie gives him a proper go today.

As far as PED and him go, I believe he is clean...call me an ostrich, care rocks.

It's the hub, a place where mediocre to less than mediocre cyclists can comment like professionals and team managers in total anonymity.

Would I have complained if I had the yellow jersey and could possibly lose it because of a possible crash that could take out 60 % of the peloton or even worse cause permanent damage from a broken femur or perhaps even possibly fly off the mountain, the simple answer is yes.

It has nothing to do with fear, these guys have more skill in their pinky than all the hubbers in the world combined.

Oh, and it's easy for Bruyneel (who tarnishes the image of the sport to no end) to make a comment.

If it was one of his riders he would have manipulated the day he very same way he has been manipulating the sport for many years with drugs.

And as Kosmomooit put it so elegantly, it's not just Froome who has made those comments.

Like rider safety is important?

Of course it's important. But is he inconsistent on his safety issues. He says Contador was being unnecessarily dangerous on the "Beloki descent". What was dangerous was Froome trying to stay on his wheel.