The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Have had a look at how the KoM points work for today. I’m ASSUMING that it is double points for the final climb..this is not stated anywhere I could find, but ASO has discretion on this.

The leader board is as follows: Mountains classification Result 1 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 88 pts 2 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 69 3 Mikel Nieve Ituralde (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi 53 4 Pierre Rolland (Fra) Team Europcar 51 5 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Katusha 35 6 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 28 7 Richie Porte (Aus) Sky Procycling 28 8 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 25 9 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 24 10 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 22

There are SIX categorised climbs today. 2 3 2 HC 2 HC

In total there are 387 points on offer, and it’s all about the final climb. It has 234 of these, and the first trip up alp d’huez has 117. The rest is just scraps.

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2013/05/29/2/stage_18_profile_600_1_670.jpg

Here’s my idea of scenarios.

Business as usual.

A breakaway scoops up all the points up to the first trip up AdH, then the GC hopefuls try take on the sky machine. Valiant efforts but Froome scoops it up and wins the stage, the points, both jerseys (he’s already got the girl).

Froome cracks

Same as business as usual, but froome can’t keep up. This is a race against the clock and whoever wins gets the bulk of the points. Unless froome cracks totally, he’s still likely to still get quite a lot of KoM points.

The big break

Can anyone who’s nowhere on the GC get into a big break and stay away all the way to the finish? Someone like ryder hesjedal. There’s 92 points on offer today for someone who leads start to finish, and Froome is already on 88. He’s likely to add to thst.

Over to you, Richie

Sky dominates, again. Froomedawg has the latitude to hand his lieutenant the win and lots of points. If the final climb finishes as a bunch, then this is possible. He won’t want to give out time so easy.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TW is this for real? I know Europe has gone Health & Safety mad but a speed limit??

That is one way to kill off some of the attacking options! Races aren't won on descents but they can be lost...

I'm tipping Katusha and J-Rod to do something over the next few days. Tactically they are in a good spot and against Sky they might have the best cards. Teams have to start putting Sky under pressure from the off, they can't let a precession of Black deliver Froome & Porte to the final climb and then run the same script.

TW is this for real? I know Europe has gone Health & Safety mad but a speed limit??

They taking the piss... believing their opinion on the descending incident is the only opinion :rolleyes:

You think I, a journo, would make up something like that? Oh wait...

Of course, it's not true...

Now I am not sure you are a journo either....

AC has to take risks if he wants to try and win the tour and he fell taking a risk - that is racing.

What does CF want AC to do? Back off and not contest it all? He would like that but not going to happen.

Yep your right and i get that first bit 100%

And i doubt that Froome actually said AC should back off and not contest the race.

Its all open to interpretation, depending mostly on the interpreters partiality....

and some where else in the world the Aussie's have just sent 3 back to the hutch for 28 runs @ Lords. The remote is going to get a workout this arvo.

You think I, a journo, would make up something like that? Oh wait...

Of course, it's not true...

aaarr :blush:

Were getting into a chicken and egg situation here now, who came first or rather from this perspective who fell off first, why and who is wrong?

Fact still remains, AC fell off taking risks while trying to drop Froome on the descent.

Froome used hindsight to hit the nail on the head and now people have an issue because he told the truth.

It's not chicken and egg. You started with an incorrect assertion: that incompetence on Contador's part caused the crash. Yet you never saw what happened to him. What is uncalculated about what he did? You can't say. Should Beloki have factored in that the tarmac could rip off his tubbie when Lance was forced to make his detour. He, like Contador, wasn't the cause of what happened to the rider behind them; what happened to them caused what happened next. To blame someone suggests either intent or negligence. Contador is guilty of neither. It was an accident. Plain and simple.

So now all the teams know Froomes power profile and how many watts less he can put out in 60 minutes vs 20 minutes. Are all the other top riders going to follow suit..?

It's not chicken and egg. You started with an incorrect assertion: that incompetence on Contador's part caused the crash. Yet you never saw what happened to him. What is uncalculated about what he did? You can't say. Should Beloki have factored in that the tarmac could rip off his tubbie when Lance was forced to make his detour. He, like Contador, wasn't the cause of what happened to the rider behind them; what happened to them caused what happened next. To blame someone suggests either intent or negligence. Contador is guilty of neither. It was an accident. Plain and simple.

do you 2 want to get a room maybe?

and some where else in the world the Aussie's have just sent 3 back to the hutch for 28 runs @ Lords. The remote is going to get a workout this arvo.

You need PIP (Picture in Picture) display :clap:

So now all the teams know Froomes power profile and how many watts less he can put out in 60 minutes vs 20 minutes. Are all the other top riders going to follow suit..?

What they will be doing is quaking. In fear :devil:

Goooo Froomedawg!

Edited by Eldron