Is Hi-Viz still a (fashionable) option?

Secondskins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that collar in a soft fabric and not the same as per the rest of the jacket.

I ask this as the non-water repellent collars tend to absorb water and then let the cold water drip down your back or chest ... a rather unpleasant feeling.

HI, just FYI, Hi Viz works.

I bought my wife a hi viz motorcycle jacket and she has pointed out many times how people notice her when we are on the bike and she is wearing it. I now ride in a hi viz vest. Every airport has all the people on the aprons in hi viz so there must be a reason.

I will definitely buy hi viz kit from now on. It seems that lumo is also cool at the moment.

Like the Day-Glo yellow with some blue in it

Lately the Cannondale Pro team and Vini Fantini team colors are quite appealing

Thank you for all the comments and recommendations. Will post a retail price as soon as it becomes available.

As for the collar... Unfortunately, it is not the same fabric as the rest of the jacket. It is a lycra collar. So it is much more comfortable around the neck and will not chafe.

Thank you for all the comments and recommendations. Will post a retail price as soon as it becomes available.

As for the collar... Unfortunately, it is not the same fabric as the rest of the jacket. It is a lycra collar. So it is much more comfortable around the neck and will not chafe.

If you need a long term test mule who will wear it day and day out in all weather conditions then please do consider my services ;)

Secondskinz - I have a jacket from a different manufacturer with a pocket - and love it for that reason! Has a flap over the zip, all lekker waterproof. No lifiting up and fiddling under the jacket, plus returning something to the normal cycling jersey pocket again under the jacket is sometimes even more of a mission... Now it's just find flap, zip, take out, munch, put back, zip closed... Just a thought...

While you're doing windbreakers, can't you also look at shorts and normal short sleeve jerseys in hi vis green or yellow? I would love some kit like that, even I bright sunshine you need to be as bright as possible!

These should be retailing below R300. We will run a launch special via our web-shop soon. The first 100 Hi-Viz Yellow Jackets are going to be sold at R249 just for the launch. Diarise to check our webshop on 15 JULY 2013 for the launch deal!

We will not be doing hi-viz shorts, but we do a dark top with hi-viz insets you can check out on our website.

http://www.secondskins.co.za/rtg-cycling/rtg-cycle-tops.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=44

Guys there should be as much reflective material on there as possible. The colours dont really matter! As long as there is from that silver reflective tape all over the jacket you will be seem. I have on my jacket, a little on the rear stays and some on the back of my helmet, works like a bomb

Guys there should be as much reflective material on there as possible. The colours dont really matter! As long as there is from that silver reflective tape all over the jacket you will be seem. I have on my jacket, a little on the rear stays and some on the back of my helmet, works like a bomb

If all your riding is done at night then colour doesn't matter and (assuming cars have their lights on) reflective material does. If you ride during the day then the reverse applies.

naa, during the day the reflective strips still reflect, it just matter which ones you using. The solas tape, the crystal tape and the plain silver ones do

I agree - not enough winter gear available in hi viz colors. What about a waistcoat type over jacket/ reflective strappy thing/ bib that one can wear over normal gear as an extra - serves no purpose other than to make u more visible?

I bought the waistcoat thing from an industrial clothing co to wear over normal kit. Yellow with plenty reflective across the back and waist. Does not interfere with movement and it only cost me R30.

• 3 months later...