New Gauteng Technical Trail

dillon

I have access to 4 adjoining farms in the Gauteng area, the landscape is typical of the region and dotted with 200m high koppies.

The technical riding potential would to be fantastic with only 20% of the route on jeep track, the bulk of the track would be single track along valleys in typical african bush, with steep technical climbs and broad smiling descents.

the route would consist of a 20km ring route, with different short loops branching off the ring route, The 20km ring route would have 450m of climbing, with +-1200m of climbing possible over the whole 50km route.

Is this to tough? personally I feel this would help me in training for some of the races out there.

The downhills would have rockgardens, berms, roots, trees, dropoffs, loose corners and the odd kudu. Maybe one or 2 chicken lines.

What do you think?

Edited by dillon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in Gauteng?

can tell just yet, lets just say 30 mins drive from centurion and sandton in a NW direction :-)

If you are planning to make money off this you need to cater for the masses not 20 regulars .

The harder you make it ,the smaller the clientele . If you want people to bring family and friends

they are the market that will help pay the bills so I guess it depends on what you want from this .

The tougher riding seems to encourage initial support but does not sustain the bike park , chat to Wendal Bole he has a mix of very tough stuff and some easier riding , might be worth a call .

Edited by Clinton H

You have the vision, you have the job.

but just a comment... max slope 35%??? avg slope 8%???

Have you attempted this loop on something with only 2 wheels?

What is the point of this thread?

Being cryptic and FBI like over a 20 km route?

nou nou steel iemand die trail

It's not Friday yet, support the guy and answer some of his questions.. There is a demand for all types of riding, saying you will only appeal to 20 riders is a bit short sighted.

Dillon, get in touch with AMArider and chat about the options available to you. Meurant has lots of experience with landowners and can tell you some of the gripes that develop over time with shared access..

Good luck!

Sounds great. Ill support this. 30 minutes drive to really good training grounds is not something to be a **** about.

If you people are too short sighted to support something new then maybe stay on the Strava Spruit

Sounds great. Ill support this. 30 minutes drive to really good training grounds is not something to be a **** about.

If you people are too short sighted to support something new then maybe stay on the Strava Spruit

Short sighted? :eek:

Its not Friday.

There is no real information being given. Tell us why he putting the information out, then we could give some valuable input.

I think he is giving more than enough information to gauge interest.

No use in developing the whole thing only to have people go "no, not interested"

"If you build it, they will come" only works in the movies.

you keen to join on a ride next weekend (15th or 16th) that's similar to this? smolly, you in jobeg?

Edited by Captain Cheesy

you keen to join on a ride next weekend (15th or 16th) that's similar to this? smolly, you in jobeg?

I am indeed and I know of 3 other people that will really enjoy it.

Keen on the 15th. Taking my wife somewhere nice on the 16th & 17th.

I think it would be a great idea. We need closer technical routes to JHB.

Any possibility of a +- 5 km XCO track for the future?

Dibs on first person to be on your list to ride this new course in, in your not to far in the future test rides.