CSA / PPA. The Heat is on

madmarc

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My email to CSA re Greg Minnaars non nomination for the SASA awards did not garner a response. Pathetic.

Much like my email to them asking who they voted for in the UCI elections, as well as my letter letting them know that I would be riding a World 24hr event in Australia. And I am a fully paid up member.

Saw this on the sportsfire site this morning: http://sportsfire.co...cial-crisis.pdf

Now one has too wonder how PPA run a succesfull operation from one province where the CSA with larger numbers are now in an apparent crisis. And we will not mention wastage on events such as the sports awards last night.

Shocking read, also for the numerous obvious mistakes in the piece. CSA couldn't possibly have over a billion in the bank, some commas migrated? Spelling & grammar also shaky. But if the essence of what he is saying is true, then it is a shocker!

Put that next to the very clear & healthy PPA financial report for a contrast.

It seems obvious why CSA wanted to rape rob the PPA. They needed the money, no matter what they wanted to make it look like. Glad the PPA didn't fall for it and is putting up a fight.

:ph34r:

Saw this on the sportsfire site this morning: http://sportsfire.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/SA-cycling-in-financial-crisis.pdf

Now one has too wonder how PPA run a succesfull operation from one province where the CSA with larger numbers are now in an apparent crisis. And we will not mention wastage on events such as the sports awards last night.

After reading this entire thread to figure out both sides of the debate and to get a feel for the merits of each organization, this internal CSA document brought my quest to an abrupt and startling end.

By the admissions of the CSA treasurer, the CSA is an embarrassment! Pathetic!

This is a must-read!

At least we have some straight talking from someone within the organisation. Let's just hope that the rest of CSA take note and do something about it or am I living in a dreamworld?

One thing that stands out in the document and has become an all to common sight in the new SA is "Staff Bonuses".

Does not matter how the organisation is being run Bonuses are paid out.

In the private sector since the financial downturn most people only dream of bonuses or large ones anyway.

Just looking at the general lay out and the grammer mistakes made by one of the CSA officials, it is no wonder that CSA is in the state that it is.

I am seriously considering, not paying for next years CSA affiliation.

Just looking at the general lay out and the grammer mistakes made by one of the CSA officials, it is no wonder that CSA is in the state that it is.

I am seriously considering, not paying for next years CSA affiliation.

I have also considered this, but you are actually just hurting yourself doing this. Rather pay the R75 upfront, than being nailed the affiliation fee every race you do. Just one 3 day stage race will cost you more than the R75!

This is the problem - you actually get forced into joining them and then nothing.....

I have also considered this, but you are actually just hurting yourself doing this. Rather pay the R75 upfront, than being nailed the affiliation fee every race you do. Just one 3 day stage race will cost you more than the R75!

This is the problem - you actually get forced into joining them and then nothing.....

Ok so when is the last time somebody asked you to open your wallet and take your membership card out ? Even race organizers are starting to see that they been screwed over by CSA .

Ok so when is the last time somebody asked you to open your wallet and take your membership card out ? Even race organizers are starting to see that they been screwed over by CSA .

When I entered the W2W, they asked for your affiliation, but you do have a point!

I'm guessing this document was not supposed to be leaked to general public? wonder which axe grinder mailed it to joffers....

I have never once been asked for my CSA lic. at any event or number collection. Not sure how online entries work, as I've always assumed there is some connection with having your lic number registered on the entry site which picks up if you have a lic or not. If not it automatically adds a day lic fee prior to checkout.

So now i'm wondering if I don't renew my lic. for 2014 how many events will refuse me entry or try sting me for a day lic, as most of my events are MTB events. I think big events like a lot of the road events I would have a problem, but MTB events, I believe I would get entry without a lic or day lic charge.

Eg. I entered Sani2C 2014, if I don't renew my lic for 2014, what will they do when I arrive to register. I'm leaning to the side of "absolutely nothing" other than "enjoy your Sani sir" when they hand me my race pack.

It will only end when the cyclists stand together and simply refuse to affiliate with CSA and stop supporting events which insist on a CSA lic. Unfortunatly it will be the event organizers who will be the biggest losers with the reduced numbers. To get the numbers up they will have to allow anyone and everyone to enter, and in so doing also refuse to affiliate their event with CSA.

let CSA control the pro peleton and racing VETS who are racing for position and money. Leave the fun riders out of it.

Remember the name Championchip ??? go see how many cycling events they time today after all the crap they started with the 1st national seeding ladder.

Memorize the name ASG ??? because you gonna be screaming it later. (Jacaranda classic, and now The Jock) and many more to come.

Will we still be screaming and ranting about CSA in years to come. Yes we will !!! because like sheeple we will simply comply.

Any legal folk who can comment on this? CSA's 'weapon' against clubs and event organizers seems to be first, their own insistence that if the event is timed, or longer than 20km (from their regulations) then participants must be licensed. Second is a piece of legislation, the Safety at Sports and Recreational events Act 2/2010, which they use to threaten/call the police to close an event... How do those with a mind for legal matters read all this? I can understand that one needs safety plans etc, which is what the Act is intended to ensure, but how do we go from that to having to pay CSA in whichever way it dictates?

Based on the leaked CSA treasurer's report to his executive referred to above, the best thing that could happen to the CSA, and to cycling generally, is for the CSA to hit the wall. Maybe something new and better can then emerge from its ruins. The right people just need to stand ready to step into the breach when that happens, as it will.

Creative destruction.

• 2 months later...