What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

To get this thread back on track..

About 4 episodes in on Luke Cage and don't think I'll watch to the end. The score and production is fantastic, but the plot feels weak and artificial. The plot is also too similar to Daredevil, in that its the hero who wants to take back his neighbourhood from the evil crimina overlord.

Just doesn't stack up to DD and JJ in my opinion. Damn shame, though.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 4 episodes in on Luke Cage and don't think I'll watch to the end. The score and production is fantastic, but the plot feels weak and artificial. The plot is also too similar to Daredevil, in that its the hero who wants to take back his neighbourhood from the evil crimina overlord.

IMO it gets better. I'm currently on ep8, I think. 

the live music acts are fantastic! if you into that sort of music anyway. I agree, it did have a slowish start, and i felt it took a bit long getting into how he became who he currently is. I'm at ep 5 or 6, so need to get it going again. I'm sure it will be good.

I'm at episode 5 and I think its already better than Jessica Jones. The MCU is on a roll with these types of series. If Iron Fist is as good I might even forgive them for Agents of Shield.

I'm not too sure on the lead choice though. 

https://youtu.be/0sEJeWB3RA8

Loras Tyrell doesn't exactly strike me as a master of kung fu.

I wonder if he will cameo in Luke Cage.

Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple) has already featured in both Daredevil and Luke Cage. 

There are other MCU characters in multiple shows as well. All of this is leading up to MCU's main upcoming netflix series. The Defenders...

We'll see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist together in one show. 

With Sigourney Weaver to be cast as the main villain. In short. If you wanna keep track of all this MCU series stuff. You have to watch it all!

I'm at episode 5 and I think its already better than Jessica Jones. The MCU is on a roll with these types of series. If Iron Fist is as good I might even forgive them for Agents of Shield.

I'm not too sure on the lead choice though. 

https://youtu.be/0sEJeWB3RA8

Loras Tyrell doesn't exactly strike me as a master of kung fu.

I wonder if he will cameo in Luke Cage.

Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple) has already featured in both Daredevil and Luke Cage. 

There are other MCU characters in multiple shows as well. All of this is leading up to MCU's main upcoming netflix series. The Defenders...

We'll see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist together in one show. 

With Sigourney Weaver to be cast as the main villain. In short. If you wanna keep track of all this MCU series stuff. You have to watch it all!

YAY!! Need to watch. Netflix, I presume?

Anyone watching "Wolf creek"

Ozzi series about American girl / family on walkabout in the outback..... 1st episode was the best IMO... got caught totaly unawares with the scene around the fire place.... nearly choked on my dinner

Edited by SwissVan

Guess I'll keep at it. If I could make it through season 2 of True Detective, I can make it through Luke Cage.

Tried another episode last night and it just didn't help. The actor playing Cottonmouth's overacting is getting annoying.

Personally, I don't think its on the same level as DD or JJ. It feels like it just doesn't know what story to tell and its characters' motivations are a bit too cliché by now.