• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 1 is the third best season of 3.... It just gets better and better

Is it on Netflix?

Really enjoyed the first season a few years ago on dvd

Day out in Dubrovnik today... To many sites... Nerding out

such a beautiful city! these is a littls bar built into the wall of the city over the sea. one of the best bars i have ever been to

such a beautiful city! these is a littls bar built into the wall of the city over the sea. one of the best bars i have ever been to

Great place to jump off the rocks too

• 2 weeks later...

Great... stranger things season 3[emoji2959]

Hope my wife does not see it... not my cup of tea!

Stranger Things Season 3 - not sure if it's the best season. Last ep was the best of the lot.  Season 4 might be the season to wrap it up properly as there's a few surprising happenings in season 3 that need some 'closure' ;).

Was not stoked for the product placement. It was not subtle.

Edited by Capricorn

Yes, many of us have watched and thoroughly enjoyed it as you have. :thumbup:

The Russians however are not happy with the portrayal. I look forward to their version of events as apparently, they've indicated they want to produce a show that tells the real truth.

The series led me to the book 'Midnight in Chernobyl' which pretty much conveyed the same sequence of events and consequences, allowing a little room for artistic freedom.

Excellent show, but it was over-dramatised. Apparently quite a few scientific and historical inaccuracies, but I'm sure that was not what the Russians were unhappy about. Probably more the political interference, denial etc.?

I'm not sure how you can over dramatize a reactor meltdown.

Having done a little reading after watching the series it is fairly clear that they did turn a couple of the main characters personalities up from 'Guy doing job' to 'Complete hero' but what they did seem to under play a little was the job performed by what the Russians referred to as Liquidators.

I'm not sure how you can over dramatize a reactor meltdown.

Having done a little reading after watching the series it is fairly clear that they did turn a couple of the main characters personalities up from 'Guy doing job' to 'Complete hero' but what they did seem to under play a little was the job performed by what the Russians referred to as Liquidators.

Quite easily. I'm trying to find the article I read a few weeks back, that focused on the scientific inaccuracies. If I find it again, I'll post, but in the meantime here some other articles just from a quick Google search...

https://culturacolectiva.com/movies/8-historical-inaccuracies-in-hbo-chernobyl

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chernobyl-disaster-how-accurate-is-the-hbo-series/

Also, the show depicts radiation as being contagious (like a virus) which it is not.

1. Mother Father Son.

3 episodes in, I am not sure about this one.. Richard Gere's character is like his character at the start of Pretty woman, powerful etc.. but just meaner... and I think he is a very very bad man.

I will give it a few more episodes.. I think this may have a few twist and turns and there are a few side stories that may just connect everything.

2. In the Dark..I am enjoying this one.

Edited by Gen

Quite easily. I'm trying to find the article I read a few weeks back, that focused on the scientific inaccuracies. If I find it again, I'll post, but in the meantime here some other articles just from a quick Google search...

https://culturacolectiva.com/movies/8-historical-inaccuracies-in-hbo-chernobyl

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chernobyl-disaster-how-accurate-is-the-hbo-series/

Also, the show depicts radiation as being contagious (like a virus) which it is not.

But radiation transfer is possible, hence the abandonment of many of the vehicles and machines used in the clean up.

But radiation transfer is possible, hence the abandonment of many of the vehicles and machines used in the clean up.

Yes, it would also be on their clothes etc. (like the firefighters clothes that are still abandoned in the hospital and still has high levels of contamination) but once it has entered the body and the person has been washed down, they can't transfer it.

"But once a person's skin and clothing are washed, his or her ability to expose others to radiation is eliminated, Caracappa said. "If they ingested or inhaled radioactive material and it has been deposited inside of them, there is no way that they're going to transfer that to other people."

https://www.livescience.com/13444-radiation-exposure-contagious.html