What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Really digging Mr Robot. It's still giving surprises, but the latest episode seemed a bit disjointed. Almost as if they were setting up for the next one. 

I also enjoy Mr Robot.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first episode, can't say I was particularly excited, but will see if it improves with episode 2.

it's already imploding, but i'm easily amused at this stage, so Zoo and Scream The TV Show will have to do. Interesting thing about Scream, it's more of a front to push music sales than anything. love the fact they intro each tune. Yes, the fact its an MTV production hasn't escaped me. It's just that the music sales push is pretty darn aggressive.

btw: The Man in the High Castle's time has finally come. That pilot was so long ago, but it was mega intrigueing, one i rank  up there with Mr Robot for first episode hype.

off on a slight tangent: anyone else watch the latest Batman vs Super trailer? Just how friggen epic wasn't that!!!

it's already imploding, but i'm easily amused at this stage, so Zoo and Scream The TV Show will have to do. Interesting thing about Scream, it's more of a front to push music sales than anything. love the fact they intro each tune. Yes, the fact its an MTV production hasn't escaped me. It's just that the music sales push is pretty darn aggressive.

What they're doing with Scream worked pretty well with Eye Candy (damn I am annoyed that they cancelled that show) and VH1 did something similar with that show about the woman who went back in time (the name slips my mind at this time and I will kick myself later when I remember) but they only did it with the track they closed each episode with.

What they're doing with Scream worked pretty well with Eye Candy (damn I am annoyed that they cancelled that show) and VH1 did something similar with that show about the woman who went back in time (the name slips my mind at this time and I will kick myself later when I remember) but they only did it with the track they closed each episode with.

How was Eye Candy?

Edited by Capricorn

Really cool series.

The cancellation came as quite a shock to everyone who watched Season 1.

started collecting it, but never got round to watching. Premise seemed interesting enough. Maybe i'll give it another go.

Edited by Capricorn

started mega rerun of X-Files in prep for the 2016 reboot. Scully is so much of yum. Their wardrobes are hilarious. But 5 eps in of Season 1 and going strong, so it can't be all that bad. Surely ;)

There was a mention in ep 1 or 2 of season 1, that makes me wonder if X-Files was a seed for Fringe.

The Whispers is moving along nicely. as well as Season 2 of the last ship. Extant season 2 also started up again 2 eps ago, and interesting so far. New on the list is Zoo, two eps ago.

Also started with X-Files last week.  Acting is not that bad...  Season 1 Episode 7 (think) something to do with a worm in the ice.

Going to have to start on Strikeback soon and still have GoT S05 in the line up.  Just need to get a TV or Screen to watch it on...

Also started with X-Files last week.  Acting is not that bad...  Season 1 Episode 7 (think) something to do with a worm in the ice.

that was a good ep.

worked through 3 episodes of penny dreadfull last night.

most enjoyable, although if it was not for eva green, i probably will not watch it...

I'm liking the dark tone of True detective, although farrel's character development started too soon, kinda wondered why the episode ended the way it did.

I'm a wee bit waorried that this season has been "dumbed down" for the merican audience... The previous season had some real hoërgraad moments.

I'll probably finish the season, but it simply isn't as engrossing as the first. McConaughey and Harrelson had fantastic chemistry and their characters were so different, but matched up so well. There just isn't any chemistry between Farrel, Adams and Kitsch. 

Must say, they've really toned down the nudity in this season. 

Anyone started watching Aquarius?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU5MTE3ODIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzA2Nzc4NTE@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'll probably finish the season, but it simply isn't as engrossing as the first. McConaughey and Harrelson had fantastic chemistry and their characters were so different, but matched up so well. There just isn't any chemistry between Farrel, Adams and Kitsch. 

Must say, they've really toned down the nudity in this season. 

Agree, but I think they set the bar so high with the first series it was always going to be difficult to equal or better it. Having said that I will continue watching, still very good.

@odinson. You explained it perfectly. The Harrelson McConaghey combo was perfect. They however are the kind of actor that completely immerse themselves in their roles. I still think they tried to get the ratings up by making this season "easier to watch" a lot of the thinking has been taken out of this season it seems

Anyone else watching American Detective ?

Found it a bit dark and in a way reminds me of True Detective but we are now hooked.

started mega rerun of X-Files in prep for the 2016 reboot. Scully is so much of yum. Their wardrobes are hilarious. But 5 eps in of Season 1 and going strong, so it can't be all that bad. Surely ;)

There was a mention in ep 1 or 2 of season 1, that makes me wonder if X-Files was a seed for Fringe.

The Whispers is moving along nicely. as well as Season 2 of the last ship. Extant season 2 also started up again 2 eps ago, and interesting so far. New on the list is Zoo, two eps ago.

I don't think I can get myself to do this. I'd rather preserve the memory of the original. I worry that revisiting series like that will just ruin it for me. What seemed eerie back then might just become somber and mundane in a contemporary context. 

I've revisited several series and while Magnum PI, Miami Vice, McGuyver, Airwolf and The A-Team are drenched in cheese. Its the kind of series you enjoy again because of its glorious, glorius cheese. X-files? No man that's sacred. I made the same mistake watching Thundercats again. Pfft, what do these kids know about animated series. I'll show them the best there ever was. Till I watched it again. It was horrible. Ruined my fond childhood memories of that show. 

Speaking of wardrobe. We rebooted Seinfeld early this year and watch it occasionally when the mood strikes for something lighthearted. Already up to season 4. You could watch that show 50 years from now and it will still be brilliant

Edited by popcorn_skollie

I made the same mistake watching Thundercats again. Pfft, what do these kids know about animated series. I'll show them the best there ever was. Till I watched it again. It was horrible. Ruined my fond childhood memories of that show. 

I see there is a 2015 reboot of Thundercats, haven't seen it myself so don't know anything about it, just saw it mentioned somewhere.