Swart Kat

Pfffff. Telling people SRAM is *** is like saying Ferrari is *** because Renault wins the F1.

I'm very sorry but your opinion means less than the budget speech.

How is your XX1 treating, looks schweeet on the dale!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Avid(SRAM) brakes are kaaaaaaaaak, :ph34r:

I'm running very fast for cover. Bwahahahaha

Loool! Pain or shine, DJR, Capricorn and I were Rodin in Tokai with one other guy yesterday. He tried to tjoon Pain or Shine's brakes, saying that they made him crash all the time.

I pointed out the fact that he (as a rider with formula r1's) was a bit outnumbered and should think more before regurgitating the "avid is crap" motto that non avid users tote

Me: elixir 5

Capricorn: X0 trail

Pain or Shine: X0 trail

DJR: juicy 5/7

Dont stress. XO rocks! I have had no problems and the shifting is awesome

Thx guys, now you make me worry with all the comments, I've just gone full XO and getting the bike back today...

C'mon, where's the "its awesome, bombproof, shweet, Fantbulous" commentating!!!!

The biggest bonus of SRAM is the grip shift! I have been riding them since xrays came out in the early 90's! I rode a buddies bike (xtr) for a few months after my bike was stolen and I did not enjoy the shifting at all! Just over a year ago I bought a 2nd hand bike with x0 3x9 speed grip shift, elixir cr brakes, xt crank! No problems in over a year if riding! Never had to adjust my gears! Only hassle is bleeding of the brakes! I choose SRAM not sure if I would want to go xx1 though, too expensive!

Have been riding XX1 on two different bikes. Will get to try it soon after a buddy his Ibis Ripley with XX1 as well.

Hasn't been long enough to comment on durability so I won't go there, just yet.

In terms of shifting and reliability it's been faultless. You only have to ride some aftermarket options to realise just how good XX1 shifting is and how much R&D SRAM has put into it.

One bike was running full XX1, other was Wolf Tooth Chainring.

Not saying 1 x is for everyone. Also not saying it's not possible that some might suffer shifting issues due to incorrect setup or being an idiot.

Worthwhile to note that there was ANOTHER XX1 podium sweep in the last WC race.

How is your XX1 treating, looks schweeet on the dale!

It's treating me very well. I can't comment on durability as yet.

But on performance it's absolutely mind blowing. The shifts are extremely quick and direct. The shifter has a positive click which I absolutely love.

The whole setup is so smooth. I want to use a comparison here but might be banned.

I went for a 34t ring in front and for my current riding in PTA it's going to work. Might buy something smaller for those bitch races like sabie and magoebaskloof.

I had XX with a rotor crank before this. That is where my love for SRAM started. Had XT before that and I would not want to venture anywhere near shimano. Not even when I'm fishing. There it's al about Abu Garcia.

I wanted to go for XO1 but a mere saving of approx R1750 made me go the whole pole. And I'm not regretting it for one day.

• 2 weeks later...

XX1 , what a revelation. It's changed my life for the good. Awesome product. Quiet and precise gear shifts. The grip shift is just so good. I really don't know why people are bring told it's just for the pro's. It has the same if not easier gear ratio than a 2 x 10. Goodbye forever 2 x10

It's treating me very well. I can't comment on durability as yet.

But on performance it's absolutely mind blowing. The shifts are extremely quick and direct. The shifter has a positive click which I absolutely love.

The whole setup is so smooth. I want to use a comparison here but might be banned.

I went for a 34t ring in front and for my current riding in PTA it's going to work. Might buy something smaller for those bitch races like sabie and magoebaskloof.

I had XX with a rotor crank before this. That is where my love for SRAM started. Had XT before that and I would not want to venture anywhere near shimano. Not even when I'm fishing. There it's al about Abu Garcia.

I wanted to go for XO1 but a mere saving of approx R1750 made me go the whole pole. And I'm not regretting it for one day.

Agree, 34T is the best all rounder. I enjoy a open road fast ride, the XX1 is perfect. Just such a good wide application option.

standard xx build.... Dubble blade 32 26 10speed. Not 12 grand and works very well

Money apart the shifting on the XX1 is just so much quicker. No need to make 2 shifts , ie front and rear on a steep climb.

Money apart the shifting on the XX1 is just so much quicker. No need to make 2 shifts , ie front and rear on a steep climb.

It must be remarkably nice just having to go up or down on one shifter to gear into a situation, no mind maths!

Avid(SRAM) brakes are kaaaaaaaaak, :ph34r:

I'm running very fast for cover. Bwahahahaha

Agreed.

I always used XTR, then built a new steed with XX.

They don't have the same feel, and need servicing.

Going to be dumping the bike soon and going back to XTR

XX1 , what a revelation. It's changed my life for the good. Awesome product. Quiet and precise gear shifts. The grip shift is just so good. I really don't know why people are bring told it's just for the pro's. It has the same if not easier gear ratio than a 2 x 10. Goodbye forever 2 x10

I have jumped the gun and gone to SS .Now this is really simply .I have other good bikes and my SS is my favoride .Once you have sorted out geometry and gearing ,it becomes addictive

Hi,

just got XX1, whilst putting on and adjusting gripshift it came apart when I slid it off handlebar, couldn't get it back together and now that I have it made a loud crack when I twisted and is effectively F@cked ! Very irritating not having even ridden it yet.

Apparently I'm not the only one having this experience, cut and paste from another forum,

And it seems I'm not the only one...copy and paste from another forum.

BTW, my grip shift came apart, exploded the spring and was decommissioned before I could even ride it. Spring flung on the driveway. 2-1/2 hours and no fix. I turned it in and I heard gripshift is sending me a trigger shifter for temp use and a new gripshit is due out next month that alleviates this problem. My brand new bike is sitting. I was looking at another thread and tons of people are having trouble with their gripshift so SRAM is engineering a fix. If I have any more issues I will switch to trigger.

Anybody else experience this ?

^^ Yoh not kif when your high end parts come faulty from the factory, XX stuff has had some crappy parts released in recent times, RD, brakes

Will the supplier swop it out? hope it's not ordered from over the seas

Edited by Skylark