Cape Epic turn over R50 million

dillon

Seems like its DH vs AM vs XCM vs XCO vs Dirt Roadie etc etc

Does it ever end??

what's life without a bit of skop skiet an donner occasionally. at least on the hub nobody gets hurt (unless you are a bit emotionally soft).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Latent Blue
So, to all those who complain that it is too expensive, start your own multi day stage race and charge less.

Haha... when people complain about doctors fees (and I dont agree with it either)... I say... well get new doctor... even better... go study medicine!!!

Yeah true. Jonkers is certainly getting to be right up there tho.

was also going to mention jonkers. plenty of AM and DH there.

Haha... when people complain about doctors fees (and I dont agree with it either)... I say... well get new doctor... even better... go study medicine!!!

they all charge the same. give or take a few ronts.

True. But that trip halfway round the world costs less than the Epic.... Just saying.

So it must be better value then....depends what you regard as value for money.

Guest Omega Man

was also going to mention jonkers. plenty of AM and DH there.

Oh ja. I meant the trail network as a whole. pretty damn good in my opinion.

Seems like its DH vs AM vs XCM vs XCO vs Dirt Roadie etc etc

Does it ever end??

bloods, crypts, KKK, 26ers, 28's...choose your poison

Guest Latent Blue
they all charge the same. give or take a few ronts.

Mostly... but then you get the okes that goes way out!!!

And then you still get guys that charges less also...

Before I got the post im starting at monday I almost opened a prictice.

I planned to ask R300 a consultation... much less than the people around me...

Guest Omega Man

So it must be better value then....depends what you regard as value for money.

To me yes. But that's not to say the Epic isn't an incredible event. I just prefer a different thing.

To me yes. But that's not to say the Epic isn't an incredible event. I just prefer a different thing.

Agreed...better is relative

Value for money is definitely a matter of personal opinion and individual circumstance. For me the Epic wasn't value for money at all. But then, I don't really have that much of it. I'd definitely sooner spend less on a European trip. But it was an experience of a lifetime and one I'd recommend to anybody who has the means to do it, at least once.

Guest Omega Man

Value for money is definitely a matter of personal opinion and individual circumstance. For me the Epic wasn't value for money at all. But then, I don't really have that much of it. I'd definitely sooner spend less on a European trip. But it was an experience of a lifetime and one I'd recommend to anybody who has the means to do it, at least once.

Ja for sure. For me I know that there's no way in hell I'd finish so why waste the money? haha. That's why I go to a place with ski lifts for my riding holidays.

Ja for sure. For me I know that there's no way in hell I'd finish so why waste the money? haha. That's why I go to a place with ski lifts for my riding holidays.

I hope to get me another AM bike and join you guys on our next trip.

My skills are so bad any descent in a XCM race feels like DH to me so I get the best of both :ph34r:

And to be fair to the Epic and its contesntants it has some pretty gnarly bits in it now and then and the pro's handle them well. Nico Pfitzenmaier raced the Enduro on the weekend and finished in the top ten ...