Rant: Development riders involved in theft of bikes at Knysna race

Cassie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi to all of you and I hope that you are having a great Friday. When I read the origional post, the only thought that went through my mind was that we must be more carefull with our toys at/after a race. I took the thread as a warning to all of us to be more careful.

It is a pity but the "skellems" are all around us - all the time and there is nothing we can do about it.

A big up to Impey and let's celebrate his success.

Sarge.

how do you make the jump from "8 young riders" to "development riders" ?

Ok, got newspaper with me...will scan entire article when im home again...next weekend.

I did not want to sound racist....or the like...but from what i can gather....it sounds pretty much like a development team that has come down from somewhere to ride the Sunday road race!

AND then on departure..decided to help themselves to some nice machines....somehow i just don't think they were pale males!!! Excuse my assumptions....

Seems the affected persons did not want to lay charges....having to come back to Knysa to court is a shlep i suppose.

anyways, im pretty disgusted and thats the end of my goodwill....towards young riding teams then!!

The "coach" is the real culprit imho.....

im not close to resources.....else i wouldpost ghedntire p5 article for you guys to judge yourselves.

Oh so this is still the The Hub. After all the positive stuff over Daryl I was starting to wonder.

And go...........

ahhh!i guess the "reality" should have been swept under the carpet!!! Like this entire incident almost was?????? my bad for ( 1) bringing this under the hub attention (2) assuming somethingand not calling a spade a spade!! If i did, thid fred would be locked...and me labelled a racist of some sort...

Boils down to the same principle as the old saying;

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man.......

and he'll overexploit it and strip the ocean.

ahhh!i guess the "reality" should have been swept under the carpet!!! Like this entire incident almost was?????? my bad for ( 1) bringing this under the hub attention (2) assuming somethingand not calling a spade a spade!! If i did, thid fred would be locked...and me labelled a racist of some sort...

Your reality. Not "reality". Some people see a donut, some people only notice the hole.

SO I BREAK INTO A BANK I get caught when all the money is in my boot down the road but ABSA gets there money back no harm no foul.

Lay off ABSA dammit (Tyger Valley branch), Standard bank (any branch) are much more deserving of a mass withdrawal :whistling:

Your reality. Not "reality". Some people see a donut, some people only notice the hole.

And some people see crime and just shrug their shoulders. Forgiveness for not rolling over and playing dead... But SAs criminals thank everyone with a not-my-concern attitude to crime like yours for making their job so easy.

Furthermore its called righteous indignation, not negativity. Huge difference.

Edited by eeeek

I think the team and the coach should be named and shamed or they will taint all the good honest deserving teams. Is there someone with the guts to do that, even if we know nobody has the guts to lay charges?

Even if a charge was not laid, its import that these folks get identified and ostracized.

I urge the people on the hub to get to the bottom of this. We only creating a team of would be bike jackers with out some action taken now. Even if not a case, but a shunning of these bikers who STOLE the bikes. I don't want to know that I support a team and in this team there are criminals. These criminals must be blow out of the team for life.

The guarding company should have details. Some many people work hard to insure the safety of riders and their bikes, to not react in its self is bad too!

Edited by Mtblife

Ultimately, vague and misleading article wording aside, bikes were stolen. The good news is they were recovered, the bad news is the ***kin thieves were given a "get out of jail free" card. I blame the bike owners for not pressing charges, and the cops for not doing their jobs. Feenish en kla. Well done Allsound though!

Edited by Brogue

And some people see crime and just shrug their shoulders. Forgiveness for not rolling over and playing dead... But SAs criminals thank everyone with a not-my-concern attitude to crime like yours for making their job so easy.

Furthermore its called righteous indignation, not negativity. Huge difference.

You take it all very personally. I wasn't actually commenting on the thread or the title but the habit of every little thing turning into personal attacks and degenerating into a nit picking bitch session.

I have no actual opinion on the story since I don't really see enough facts for me to form one. Other than stealing is obviously not cool.