Absa Cape Epic announces new cycling apparel sponsorship with ASSOS

Matt

The Untamed African Mountain Bike Race, the Absa Cape Epic, has announced its new premium cycling apparel sponsor, ASSOS of Switzerland. Race founder Kevin Vermaak recently travelled to Switzerland to finalise the sponsorship and participated in a ride with the ASSOS Werksmannschaft (the in-house product development team), including ASSOS Chief Engineer/CEO Roche Maier.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. So to match the rip-off entry fee, now you have the opportunity to buy rip-off clothing as well.

Because nothing says moron quite like rubbing your naught on a R2999 chamois.

Agreed, tt will chafe just as much as on my R800 chamois.

Jealous much :whistling:

Not at all. I import all my clothing from China, proudly fakes. And its awesome. Thermal tops @ R230, Bibs & Shirt @ R350. I wear nothing else.

If anyone thinks a R3k bib or R2k shirt is going to make them ride their bike faster, then go for it my son.

Not at all. I import all my clothing from China, proudly fakes. And its awesome. Thermal tops @ R230, Bibs & Shirt @ R350. I wear nothing else.

If anyone thinks a R3k bib or R2k shirt is going to make them ride their bike faster, then go for it my son.

ITS CALLED DIFFERENCE OF OPINION just cause you like wearing china cheap crap, does not make it right,but my R3 k bibs give me a warm feeling around my nought that chinarello just does not do it for me, as previously asked jealous much???

Just ride what keeps you backside comfy. I have never ridden in ASSOS and doubt weather I ever will. My Velotex red have never let me down at R500 bucks a pair....

ITS CALLED DIFFERENCE OF OPINION just cause you like wearing china cheap crap, does not make it right,but my R3 k bibs give me a warm feeling around my nought that chinarello just does not do it for me, as previously asked jealous much???

Ja - its nearly as bad as importing cheap knock-off frames :whistling:

but then again maybe I am wrong, I have extended my bond twice for my EPICS entry fees and to me it was worth every cent

Ja - its nearly as bad as importing cheap knock-off frames :whistling:

well I would never do that either, stealing from the mouths of the people who grow our local market,local is lekke,

but then again maybe I am wrong, I have extended my bond twice for my EPICS entry fees and to me it was worth every cent

I wouldnt equate the cost of an Epic entry to forking out R3k for bibs.......

Just dropping a cheap and poor taste "joke" here ...... Can you just imagine the "new" chamois cream they will come out with for the epic at an inflated price.

New and improved to go longer and harder for you and your partner at the Epic ......

New and improved with mud shedding properties and invigorating Cape Funbos scent

New and improved with larger jar for those eight days when you can't run out of ass lube

......... you get the idea

Difference of opinion you say. Funny how the guys that overpay for stuff get all sour and ugly. Who are you to call my kit crap, because its not overpriced? I never disrespected your kit. Ag haai shame. Same mentality okes that bad-mouthed the Chinese Frames when that thread started, who are now the same guys importing them.

Hey, I heard that if you buy this handbag, women actually shop faster and feel allot better about themselves!!!

http://www.ihandbagpros.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gucci_bag-696.jpg

Difference of opinion you say. Funny how the guys that overpay for stuff get all sour and ugly. Who are you to call my kit crap, because its not overpriced? I never disrespected your kit. Ag haai shame. Same mentality okes that bad-mouthed the Chinese Frames when that thread started, who are now the same guys importing them.

Hey, I heard that if you buy this handbag, women actually shop faster and feel allot better about themselves!!!

http://www.ihandbagpros.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/gucci_bag-696.jpg

you are right I am soo sorry,i should not call your knock off low quality bibs crap, but you pay for what you get,,you however did call me a moron cause I can afford to ride in comfy kit,,,,,mmmmmm makes me wonder why you decided to go with the GUCCI BRAND