TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

come on smimby, just get on your bike and ride (and if you hate it that much, get in your car and drive to other trails). Don't get frustrated because we don't all share the same point of view. TBMTB rocks!!

great pic!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tankman, I remember that when you were very happy to accept assistance from these friends preparing for the epic and now you dont want to support her?

You were also ready to copy a TBMTBC member board hey! Lucky for you someone paid your membership for you! So mabe you should not comment.

Do you even know what my reasons are for not supporting the agenda/petition?

It has nothing to do with supporting DaVinci personally and the agenda/petition was not only about one person.

Yet you feel I should support something I dont agree with?

I dont feel the need to go into my reasons here anyway.

How I obtained my valid and legal membership has f-all to do with you.

And I did not comment, I posted a photo.

Now go and ride your bike ... off a cliff!

For the record only a small percentage of the club was targeted for the petition as I realized too late quite the magnitude of agreement numbers I need and I did not want to go overly public with some of the allegations - hence why the word RUMOUR was used for some of the points. Of the ppl who received the petition - more than half are in agreement. And I have received some interesting support from surprising quarters. The fact of the matter remains - it doesn't help that people gossip and whisper behind the scenes and keep quiet when it comes to the bigger picture. I just chose to open my mouth and voice what many are thinking.

Not to worry - someone passed on the petition to the committee very quickly but I at least got my letter to them in before the chair tackled me on it. At the end of the day I have been invited to a meeting to address the points I raised, the committee takes the allegations very seriously and admit they were perhaps a bit negligent in not dealing with the initial issues sooner.

Edited by Da Vinci

Ai jai jai jai jai

This is what a bit of rain does to us, when we cannot ride, then there's mud slinging on the hub.

Get over yourselves all, julle maak 'n berg van 'n miershoop.

If you're bored, go ride your bike, it is a nice day outside and the weekend we'll see the rain again.

Praat van 'n klomp mans met nat panti's

At the end of the day I have been invited to a meeting to address the points I raised, the committee takes the allegations very seriously and admit they were perhaps a bit negligent in not dealing with the initial issues sooner.

Did someone remember to tell Smimby about it?

In Pretoria, we don't have clubs maintaining trails and enforcing discipline. We pay entry to a nature reserve and have giraffe sort out anyone abusing or leaving the designated trails. Works for us....

Did someone remember to tell Smimby about it?

Yes he is aware of it but as I signed the letter I am the one being called to account. Smimbys issue is a different "charge" - we were barred independently of each other and by such he should addressed separately . To date only I have received feedback addressed to me and NOT the both of us.

Make no mistake Smimby and I are on the same page and we are conferring with each other regarding this - but he has not had any communication from the committee regarding the meeting.

Yes he is aware of it but as I signed the letter I am the one being called to account. Smimbys issue is a different "charge" - we were barred independently of each other and by such he should addressed separately . To date only I have received feedback addressed to me and NOT the both of us.

Make no mistake Smimby and I are on the same page and we are conferring with each other regarding this - but he has not had any communication from the committee regarding the meeting.

I find it interesting that fact that we got removed from the FB page did not reive any attention, nor the did the "vote of no confidence"

BUT the moment you go and start a petition.....then they can sort a meeting etc..........

Priorities when it suits them.

In Pretoria, we don't have clubs maintaining trails and enforcing discipline. We pay entry to a nature reserve and have giraffe sort out anyone abusing or leaving the designated trails. Works for us....

I understand you don't have mountain trails either :ph34r:

I understand you don't have mountain trails either :ph34r:

It's quite amusing to see how the Capies get snot klappe from our trails when they come and ride this side of the world.

We have some preeeety nasty stuff around here.

It's quite amusing to see how the Capies get snot klappe from our trails when they come and ride this side of the world.

We have some preeeety nasty stuff around here.

Nah ... it is just the altitude and smog that kills us :whistling:

WE ... are you coming down next year to do the Fun Ride World Champs, also known as the Argus ... if so bring your MTB along for a Wednesday morning spin over the mountain, some excellent coffee and a Barista with a stash of awesome LP's!

I find it interesting that fact that we got removed from the FB page did not reive any attention, nor the did the "vote of no confidence"

BUT the moment you go and start a petition.....then they can sort a meeting etc..........

Priorities when it suits them.

not close to the politics here but maybe you must accept these blokes from the club just dont want to make friends with you anymore, perhaps youre just too much admin going on and on and on, seesh its time to get on your bike and live life