TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

go to the next club meeting and voice your opinion/concern

That's the problem - there is not one for who knows when...

Books have been audited - the only thing we really are addressing is communication (or lack there of) and accountability. We have yet to see the financials after the last AGM and no constitution either but we have no reason to believe there are any irregularities.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

And there I was... - thinking all is well in the land of milk & honey!!!

with those amounts generated from membership...I think the taxman should also sit up & take notice!!

Forensic audit of the books!!! Even charitable organizations must have autited books nowadays!

Not saying that the books need to be audited. But I'm currently the treasurer for another club, and if a member requests a status of the financials, I can send it to them. The question is why can't that happen with this club.

The big thing comes down to communication with the members, everything seems as if it has to be so secretive. Unless there's a top secret nuclear plant somewhere in the Tygerberg Hills area, I don't know what the fuss is about.

Guest Smimby

Well it seems that suggestions are made to the club on the FB page, one person does not like it and deletes it.

Then you talk to another commitee member and they say "wow good idea, why have you not told us" hmm we did tell?

I dont think that having one person controlling their FB page is a good idea....he acts on his own. If HE thinks it is a post that should not be discussed in public he deletes it. But yet his comments is snarky, sarcastic and sometimes downright uncalled for.

Funny enough the same controlling person is the one that should have post the financials and constitution on the web page....but HE believes it is NOT public data and should not be open. We suggested that it is send to us in a newsletter...and still we wait....7 months

Edited by Smimby

Maybe he thinks you're a non member because according to the club newsletter it's only the non members who 'abuse' the trails.

Call me naive but I just pay my membership fee and go ride my bike, I think were getting great value for money

Can't be bothered about all these petty politics, constitutions, agm's etc

But don't let me stop you complaining - go ahead, knock yourselves out... :wacko:

Call me naive but I just pay my membership fee and go ride my bike, I think were getting great value for money

Can't be bothered about all these petty politics, constitutions, agm's etc

But don't let me stop you complaining - go ahead, knock yourselves out... :wacko:

To each their own, and I agree the trails are great and we definitely get good value for money :thumbup:

But don't you think that at least somethings could maybe be slightly better, or haven't you ever wondered how the trails are constructed, what more can be done to improve the overall experience?

But don't you think that at least somethings could maybe be slightly better, or haven't you ever wondered how the trails are constructed, what more can be done to improve the overall experience?

Yes, but not so much that I feel compelled to openly criticize the club on public forums, but as you said - to each their own.

Guest Smimby

Yes, but not so much that I feel compelled to openly criticize the club on public forums, but as you said - to each their own.

Criticize?

I see it as discuss, and if you are not ALLOWED to discuss it anywhere else you go to a place where you are allowed to talk about it.....

So here we are, talking about how to make great things better and get rid of the bad things

Edited by Smimby

Tygerberg

As a paying member you should be able to get requested information. Just a quick calc, without sponsorships the club is getting over ZAR1 mil :eek: huh!!! Holy COW how many members do you guys have just for membership fees (and that's on the low end), with that kind of cash flow wouldn't you want to know what's being done with all the money?

And yes, I've met some individuals that were discussing making copies of other boards in order to by pass having to pay membership.

If you would not criticize or ask questions on a public forum, then how would you approach a suggestion or question or request?

I personally would start out by contacting members on the committee and then hopefully they will respond. If they don't get back to me after a week or so, I will then attempt again since e-mails have been known to get lost in the big wide world of interwebs.

Then, if I don't get a response, I will go to the next best thing which is called facebook and post my questions, suggestions, or requests on there. And then there are a few things that can happen on the facebook forum 1. the post gets removed, or 2. I get called and idiot and it's suggested to ride a road bike, or any other number of flippant remarks

What would be the next logical option?

In this age of social media, the consumers have all the right to ask questions or complain, it's up to the company to react appropriately to the consumers that will make them stand out above other companies. And I'm all for Tygerberg to put egg on my face, I would welcome it, because then that means something has been done.

Peace disylizzy/Smimby - I hope you find the joy here thats obviously eluding you on the club's Facebook page. :thumbup:

But smimby asked for opinions and I gave mine.

Just one thing

I get called and idiot and it's suggested to ride a road bike, or any other number of flippant remarks

if you were hoping to avoid this you probably aren't at the right forum....

Peace disylizzy/Smimby - I hope you find the joy here thats obviously eluding you on the club's Facebook page. :thumbup:

But smimby asked for opinions and I gave mine.

Just one thing

if you were hoping to avoid this you probably aren't at the right forum....

This is the hub, I know what'll happen. Fortunately over the years I've made some really good friends on here and have, I think, a pretty good reputation. So the people that do know me, will realize I'm not just barking up a tree for no apparent reason.