TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

I'm probably not going to renew my 2014 membership for two reasons:

1. I don't use the durbanville/contermanskloof trails often enough to justify the annual expense, and;

2. When Majik Forest was fenced up, there was no early warning or notice and expected TBMTBC to cover the expense of the scanner since this is one of the more accessible trails to its members.

With reference to point number two I was actually locked in and had to make a dangerous re-route up the downhill section of the narrow forest trail, nearly crashing into someone.

Your first point make sense, the second I really don't understand? Its not the club who fenced up forest? And you don't need to be a club member to ride Majic Forest anyway?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your first point make sense, the second I really don't understand? Its not the club who fenced up forest? And you don't need to be a club member to ride Majic Forest anyway?

True, they never fenced it up, but I only received notification from them after being made to feel like a criminal encroaching on private land after enjoying that trail with friend and coworkers for some time. Surely there were some talks that happened prior to the fencing up, such as a public participation meeting whereby someone (a member or a committee member of TBMTBC) were privy to information of what was going to happen.

Guest Smimby

True, they never fenced it up, but I only received notification from them after being made to feel like a criminal encroaching on private land after enjoying that trail with friend and coworkers for some time. Surely there were some talks that happened prior to the fencing up, such as a public participation meeting whereby someone (a member or a committee member of TBMTBC) were privy to information of what was going to happen.

This is my point excatly, the commitee know something but does not have all the detail so they rather say nothing...

Like when we starting seeing trail runners, if they had said right up front "we are gonna look at allowing trail running and you will see some people using the trails as a pilot bla bla" It would be better than what happen...

a FB fight broke out...

Communication is KEY!

during summer they suntan and drink beer - seriously buddy this has all been explained to you in great length, you either did not understand or just don't want to.

As for getting personal, I do not like you ,you are a moaning old lady with nothing better to do but cause trouble.

Trying to improve the club is great and I am behind you all the way when it is constructive(even though I still do not like you) but things like this do not help.

Membership cards were a problem, nobody said they were not, but the "Gestapo" is trying his best to fix this??

None of us are perfect, we try our best. Our personal argument is a result of you attitude, we both want what is best for the club, I look for the good in people and you look for the worst in them.

@SCHWINN LOVER, sorry bud but that is uncalled for towards @Smimby, if that is in fact the case that you do not like him, you will have to look past the personal agenda and get things done, especially if it is good suggestions or questions.

Semi off topic but a suggestion none the less. Where the trails have water drainage ruts why not put pipe(either PVC/PVDF/PP with decent wall thickness) in the rut, cover with dirt and voila! No one tries to moer each other anymore and it creates fun jumps on single track!

See professional illustration below :w00t:post-6057-0-00913600-1375879589_thumb.jpg

Semi off topic but a suggestion none the less. Where the trails have water drainage ruts why not put pipe(either PVC/PVDF/PP with decent wall thickness) in the rut, cover with dirt and voila! No one tries to moer each other anymore and it creates fun jumps on single track!

See professional illustration below :w00t:post-6057-0-00913600-1375879589_thumb.jpg

Wont last./..broikie within a few weeks

Guest Smimby

Hey cool. And if it blocks one just pick it and relay. Not of topic at all.

Thanks.

Guest Smimby

Wont last./..broikie within a few weeks

Metal pipe maybe?

The way I understood things at the time, the locking of the gates was completely unannounced, so there was nothing the club could do (or say) about it beforehand.

My understanding is that the gates were suddenly closed without any prior warning to anybody, including the club. But I wouldn't pretend to know all the details of what went down there.

The way I understood things at the time, the locking of the gates was completely unannounced, so there was nothing the club could do (or say) about it beforehand.

Haha! Snap

during summer they suntan and drink beer - seriously buddy this has all been explained to you in great length, you either did not understand or just don't want to.

As for getting personal, I do not like you ,you are a moaning old lady with nothing better to do but cause trouble.

Trying to improve the club is great and I am behind you all the way when it is constructive(even though I still do not like you) but things like this do not help.

Membership cards were a problem, nobody said they were not, but the "Gestapo" is trying his best to fix this??

None of us are perfect, we try our best. Our personal argument is a result of you attitude, we both want what is best for the club, I look for the good in people and you look for the worst in them.

Do club members get a discount for the honour of sharing their club with you?

You really do sound like the typical glass half full type :thumbup:

This thread started about lack of communication and I see it has progressed to the name calling that happens on the FB page.

For the naysayers, what is an acceptable amount of time to respond to someone when an email is sent with a question/comment/request? We all have jobs to pay for our cycling addiction, so if you can't get to something during working hours, I find that acceptable. So how long then to even just send a "Hey, got your email, am busy right now. Will get back to you when I can"?

Then if the soil and clay is too hard to do trail maintenance during summer, I'll have to let all the contractors know that they can't work during the months of November through June, cause they obviously didn't get the memo that they need water in order to work in the clayey soils. It has been requested and even offered that a trail maintenance day will be forthcoming, that was a couple of months ago.

For the size of the FB group, is one person enough to handle being admin/moderator? As has been stated before he does have a day job, so obviously can't attend to all the comments posted there. Take the Hub for instance, we have multiple moderators.

but...he has the time to DELETE some comments??? WTF??? That does not sound too busy to me...

just for those non-club members reading this thread and thinking "jeez i'm glad i'm not part of that club. it sounds like one big clusterfuk."

all the guys i ride with are very happy with the trails and what has been done for mountain biking in the area. the trails have something for all skill levels and are in good condition year round.

as to the behind the scenes, kindergarden, name calling, farcebook crap - can't comment, not interested.

@SCHWINN LOVER, sorry bud but that is uncalled for towards @Smimby, if that is in fact the case that you do not like him, you will have to look past the personal agenda and get things done, especially if it is good suggestions or questions.

yes, that comment was just piss poor!! Now i don't like YOU schwinn-lover!!! and I don't even know you...

keep personal agendas/comments off the FB page and off this here discussion.

Play the ball, not the player, Schwinn Lover.