MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Honda shpould be crying, 50 points behind Yamaha. Yamaha only 13 points off.

attachicon.gifConst.PNG

Jip, not great and sounds like Marc may miss a few of the first races next year as well.

Dovi on a Repsol............

Edit: I do think a big part of their problem was choosing to run Bradl over a more recognized racer. Who they could have used, not sure. They could have tried Bautista.

Not even sure if Bradl helped "fix" the Honda. Seems they have the same problem as Ducati, a shirty Michelin tyre........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

in more important news. BB has a 20 point lead on AM in the rookie of the year...

and I think AM will be pleased to see the season end so he can rest his, dare I say it, monkey stump. Seemed to take a beating in his highside.

Jip, not great and sounds like Marc may miss a few of the first races next year as well.

Dovi on a Repsol............

Edit: I do think a big part of their problem was choosing to run Bradl over a more recognized racer. Who they could have used, not sure. They could have tried Bautista.

Not even sure if Bradl helped "fix" the Honda. Seems they have the same problem as Ducati, a shirty Michelin tyre........

Bradl is a multiple world champion  and honda test rider and the younger marquez is a champion too. 

Both have impeccable pedigrees and both struggle iwth the honda in race conditions. Interesting that and shows the honda is not rideable except by one 93. 99 also struggled iwth it and he is a multiple world champ in the premier class. 

I beleive 93 is going to come back and struggle too. 

Okay, two things from my side.

ICM, I think MM93 will come back and simply slip and slide that Honda onto the top step. I'm sorry, but that guy is just that good. Like him or not.

I will eat humble pie. I did not think Mir could do it.
He's been constantly crashing Suzuki into bankruptcy before this season. And this season did not start well. His reaction when he lost (a well deserved!) win when Vinalez crashed... I thought that was childish to get angry at that stage.
And then it all started to click. Bloody brilliant! He kept his cool out of the blue and the rest (esp Fabio) tossed it away. 

Now a dumb question. How the heck is the non factory teams outperforming their factory buddies all year? Miller kicked both factory Ducks' butt time and again. And yeah, he had some bad luck along the way. Franky on the only '19 Yamaha is stellar in the last couple of outings... And then we're back to Honda, where the factory boys cannot come close to Nakagami... until he falls off, something he may have learnt from sir Crash-a-lot.

But it's been an extremely interesting season. 

Motorcycles are brought in a van for a race or there are special vans that deliver the motorcycle ? I am very interested in different nuances in the organization of motorcycle races. I would be grateful for the information .

Edited by CharlieWex

Motorcycles are brought in a van for a race or there are special vans that deliver the motorcycle ? I am very interested in different nuances in the organization of motorcycle races. I would be grateful for the information .

There are transport boxes which are then trucked around Europe or flown around the world as needed.

Okay, two things from my side.

ICM, I think MM93 will come back and simply slip and slide that Honda onto the top step. I'm sorry, but that guy is just that good. Like him or not.

I will eat humble pie. I did not think Mir could do it.

He's been constantly crashing Suzuki into bankruptcy before this season. And this season did not start well. His reaction when he lost (a well deserved!) win when Vinalez crashed... I thought that was childish to get angry at that stage.

And then it all started to click. Bloody brilliant! He kept his cool out of the blue and the rest (esp Fabio) tossed it away. 

Now a dumb question. How the heck is the non factory teams outperforming their factory buddies all year? Miller kicked both factory Ducks' butt time and again. And yeah, he had some bad luck along the way. Franky on the only '19 Yamaha is stellar in the last couple of outings... And then we're back to Honda, where the factory boys cannot come close to Nakagami... until he falls off, something he may have learnt from sir Crash-a-lot.

But it's been an extremely interesting season. 

Agreed.

While you don't win championships by accident, many stars did align for Mir in this very weird season.

Not taking away from what he achieved. 

Damn...46b0db6fc3155a57828a149b13da666e.jpg

Jip, LOADS of penalities dished out in Moto3.

Did not hold the Leopard boys back, double long laps and on the podium. Insane.

Darryn also rode well to claw his way into solid points.

Brad rookie of the year.

Awesome race by Miller once again.

And Miguel got to win in front of his dad, step-mom and fiansister.

Hope they add Portimao on the calendar next year, albeit it is a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone see Canet practice crash, scary stuff!!!

Jip, LOADS of penalities dished out in Moto3.

Did not hold the Leopard boys back, double long laps and on the podium. Insane.

Darryn also rode well to claw his way into solid points.

Brad rookie of the year.

Awesome race by Miller once again.

And Miguel got to win in front of his dad, step-mom and fiansister.

Hope they add Portimao on the calendar next year, albeit it is a disaster waiting to happen. Anyone see Canet practice crash, scary stuff!!!

There are times when sport REALLY needs crowds. And (quali and) the race was one of those. Mig deserved a home crowd, what a ride.

Really enjoyed the moto2 race, thats how season finales should always be, and I won't lie I switched off for most of gp when BB binned it, but I felt pretty uneasy watching the big bikes around that circuit, they seemed (even more so) a fraction away from a big accident ALL the time. Some of those slow-mo shots cresting the hill and diving down were just epic though.

What a year for Brad, what a boytjie.

For whatever reasons ( COVID, Markie Marks crash etc) this was one of the most exciting seasons we have had for a while. i really enjoyed it. Loved having BB there to support. Being a Rossi supporter would have sucked this year, but I also became a Franky supporter...