MotoGP

SeaBee

Edit: I didn't even notice P4 as I was just worried about the KTM's. COME BACK ALREADY DAMN IT!

I was never a Stoner fan but there's no doubting his AMAZING ability.

Ducati 1,2,3,4. Why can't they pull off a race win???????????????

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unless Repsol Honda (who seems to have been vetoed from partaking in this test by Ducati because of the 2017 winglet ban) has some serious pace, Ducati will romp it at the Red Bull Ring, I mean, just look at the layout:

http://i.imgur.com/uxHmiR4.png

Edited by bertusras

Well, unless Repsol Honda (who seems to have been vetoed from partaking in this test by Ducati because of the 2017 winglet ban) has some serious pace, Ducati will romp it at the Red Bull Ring, I mean, just look at the layout:

http://i.imgur.com/uxHmiR4.png

That will never happen .

Firstly , and with all due respect , none of the current Duke riders are capable of winning .

Dovi is their best chance in the dry , but I feel he has lost that special "something"that is required to win .

The other 3 will fall over after they have been in the lead for longer than 1 lap ..... too much excitement .

Secondly , for whatever reason , the Ducati seems a difficult bike to ride once the grip levels have dropped off .

But having said that I would LOVE to see Dovi win a race again .

Once VR46 puts on his race face , we know what he can do , and JL will bounce back .

Never mind that the 2016 World Champ will also be there .... Vamose 93

Considering that KTM is using the Austrian track as a development circuit its a bit worrying they are so far off the pace. 2secs off the pace is a looong way off. Always wondered about their test riders. Kallio couldnt hack it as a racer in Motogp, was pretty slow too yet he is a test/development rider. I see he os also going to wildcard at valencia.

I would be worried if I was Pol or Bradley.

See Stoner got 3rd quickest today, also running no wings for 2017 regulations. Had a tumble too but either way its impressive stuff for somebody not actively racing anymore.

Nobody can doubt he could win on that Ducati as is now, given the chance and being race fit obviously. He isnt far off right now, pace wise.

I think the race will be a boring affair, looking like a honda track. Not many slow acceleration corners which is where they struggle. Hard braking zones and high speed corners where MM excels.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you hear? KTM is working on Moto2 race bike, to compliment the Austrian brand’s move into the MotoGP Championship next year? We only learned about the project earlier this year in February, but KTM and WP suspension are supposedly quite far with their progress on the bike, and are now “ready to race” in earnest.

Brad Binder and Tom Lüthi will be KTM’s Moto2 riders for the inaugural season.

That will never happen .

Firstly , and with all due respect , none of the current Duke riders are capable of winning .

Dovi is their best chance in the dry , but I feel he has lost that special "something"that is required to win .

The other 3 will fall over after they have been in the lead for longer than 1 lap ..... too much excitement .

Secondly , for whatever reason , the Ducati seems a difficult bike to ride once the grip levels have dropped off .

But having said that I would LOVE to see Dovi win a race again .

Once VR46 puts on his race face , we know what he can do , and JL will bounce back .

Never mind that the 2016 World Champ will also be there .... Vamose 93

YOH........ How do those words taste now?

BLOODY supersport feed kakked out with 2 laps to go. FFS. 

I gooied a vloermoer of note.....  :cursing:  :cursing:

It was shown again later - at about 10pm-ish, I think, but don't worry, okes, you didn't miss much. Apart from 2 overtakes - Dovi on Iannone and then vice-versa, it was pretty processional, with everyone pretty much holding station. 

Edit: Hope you got to see the MotoGp3. It was much better racing.

Edited by sawystertrance

Stoked for Binder in Moto3 as it was a very tough race. MotoGP; nice to see the Duck's cause a bit of word eating; interesting race in the early stages for sure. Either Ducati did a bit of work in the break or the circuit suited them + luck?

Stoked for Binder in Moto3 as it was a very tough race. MotoGP; nice to see the Duck's cause a bit of word eating; interesting race in the early stages for sure. Either Ducati did a bit of work in the break or the circuit suited them + luck?

It's the fastest circuit on the calendar, and the commentators were saying that it definitely suited the Duc's. But I suspect there's a bit more to it than that, and they may have sorted out their tyre management issues a bit.

It's the fastest circuit on the calendar, and the commentators were saying that it definitely suited the Duc's. But I suspect there's a bit more to it than that, and they may have sorted out their tyre management issues a bit.

With ex Honda okes like Stoner and Doohan hanging around in their garage something is gonna improve :whistling:

Just finished eating my words .... and had a little bit of humble pie to finish off !!

Well done to the Ducati team .... just wish the other Andrea had won ...

Oh well , no more predictions from me :oops: