MotoGP

SeaBee

What happened to the Binder Brothers? I was Watching Moto3 and Darryn was in a podium spot doing well, go feed a baby and he's 11th!!!. Missed the start of Moto2 and when I did start watching I didn't see Brad in the race. 

Glad MM didn't win again. 

DB looked to be holding up the pack slightly in third, when I switched back later on he was nowhere to be seen.

BB average quali, but I heard he had clutch issues early on, DNF

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DB looked to be holding up the pack slightly in third, when I switched back later on he was nowhere to be seen.

BB average quali, but I heard he had clutch issues early on, DNF

Pity about DB after his brilliant podium in Argentina.

Hard luck for BB.

Pity about DB after his brilliant podium in Argentina.

Hard luck for BB.

Moto 2 and 3 has REALLY picked up lately, or maybe I'm just giving it the attention it deserves. But damn those guys know how to knuckle down and properly race. 

Moto 2 and 3 has REALLY picked up lately, or maybe I'm just giving it the attention it deserves. But damn those guys know how to knuckle down and properly race. 

Yeah I find the difference in bike performance to be so much closer and that's to be expected with them all having so many parts the same. It really does come down to rider ability a lot more than in MotoGP. Obviously some riders prefer certain tracks but the best riders will be good on all tracks. If time permits I watch all 3 races. Time doesn't permit for me so much anymore.

At the risk of not searching through this thread... 

How many people have been to a live MotoGP race?

I have been to Barcelona and Mugello for MotoGP .... Italian fans are INSANE !!!

Misano trip booked and paid for .... 11 - 16 Sept . 

Went to Isle Of Man in 2006 .... Absolutely the most MENTAL bike race ever .

Those guys have proper Cahoonas .......

Been to SBK in Donington , Potimao , Monza and Magny Cours . 

• 3 weeks later...

Suppose we are all still waiting to see Lorenzo's potential because yesterday was not as good as he hoped, and it looked so promising in FP1 too.

The quali was amazing, those slow 2018 Yammies were flying. Such a disappointment for Fabio though. He did not deserve that at all!!!

What can be said about Marc, in a class of his own yesterday. Strange mechanical issue caused a fall in WUP but that didn't hinder him either.

Dark horse Rins is really creeping into contention. If he can be consistent he will in for a championship shout at the end of the year.

I have been to Barcelona and Mugello for MotoGP .... Italian fans are INSANE !!!

Misano trip booked and paid for .... 11 - 16 Sept .

Went to Isle Of Man in 2006 .... Absolutely the most MENTAL bike race ever .

Those guys have proper Cahoonas .......

Been to SBK in Donington , Potimao , Monza and Magny Cours .

We went to Phakisa in the good old days, when Rossi just went to Yamaha. We had pit lane tickets courtesy of Harold Eckl who wagered them in a pool game and lost to me and my buddie. Was awesome! Its a pity Phakisa no longer features on the calender.

Isle of Man surely beats any MotoGP race insofar as a bucketlist item is concerned!

Suppose that depends on the individual.

I would love to go to Jerez or Barcelona.

The atmosphere, also being able to see a large portion of the track from a single vantage point.

You go up the mountain on the TT and you are stuck there for the day pretty much, or so I have been told......

Suppose that depends on the individual.

I would love to go to Jerez or Barcelona.

The atmosphere, also being able to see a large portion of the track from a single vantage point.

You go up the mountain on the TT and you are stuck there for the day pretty much, or so I have been told......

Y not both? ????????‍♂️

I see Fabio was fastest in testing yesterday. That guy has good speed, a talent for the future......

Marc tested a carbon chassis, same feedback as Bradl and seems to be a viable option going forward. More tech to confuse the mamba next door:)

Marc tested a carbon chassis

Carbon-covered chassis, i.e. carbon panels to increase/modify stiffness. Not a full-carbon chassis.

I am quite shocked at how far behind Rossi was in testing at a track he normally excels at.

Carbon-covered chassis, i.e. carbon panels to increase/modify stiffness. Not a full-carbon chassis.

I am quite shocked at how far behind Rossi was in testing at a track he normally excels at.

My bad, I did actually read that yes.

I am amazed at how much pace that 2018 Factory Yamaha has in the hands of the youngsters. I think Yamaha has some big questions to ask themselves because their factory riders are being shown up pretty badly.

Lots of factory riders who are in seats they do not deserve at the moment, including Petrucci, Iannone and Lorenzo

My bad, I did actually read that yes.

I am amazed at how much pace that 2018 Factory Yamaha has in the hands of the youngsters. I think Yamaha has some big questions to ask themselves because their factory riders are being shown up pretty badly.

Lots of factory riders who are in seats they do not deserve at the moment, including Petrucci, Iannone and Lorenzo

Going on Rossi's later pace (once he was able to get past Jack, who is always difficult to pass) he was up there with the front runners, again. Really did himself a dis-service with his qualifying, which was his primary complaint about the weekend. I think he has found some breakthrough. Testing - I'm not putting much stock into that as they may not have been looking for all out speed, maybe something else. I dunno. But his performance this last race was excellent.