MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel for dovi. what a race it would have been if he had been in the mix...

And the young Frenchie.

@Patch, were you at the race yesterday?

Unfortunately not. Last minute last week a prospective US based client asked for some work to be done by today. So we worked the weekend, I didn’t even get to watch it on TV.....

What happened there?

I have only seen the last corner via Twitter

Dovi didn’t qualify well, anyways he got a good start and was making places around the outside of the first turn on lap one. Fabio Quatararo lost the front end and went down, poor old Dovi seriously had absolutely nowhere to go and it happened in a split second. He t-boned Fabio’s bike and it became a launch pad.

With Dovi out and MM93 coming second the championship is basically over now, down to just a mathematical chance.

Overall a good race. Unfortunately VR46 could not reproduce his great weekend during the race and just slowly faded to 4th. Overall the Yamahas we looking very strong. That Suzuki of Rins was on rails, edge corner grip as tight as an ANC politician’s grip on corrupt money.

That was thrilling. MM93 tried his damndest, but just could not get rid of Rins. I see a future champ here.

And that Suz was like it was on rails. You could see MM93 braking into corners, rear wheel in the air, and Rins still gained on him.

Yeah. Nobody is harder on the front end than MM93. He’s an animal on the front tyre. So when everyone was running the hardest front tire even for qualifying it was obvious that Marc was going to have a difficult race. He couldn’t carry the corner speed he likes so he was even harder on the brakes while still in a straight line before turn in and you could see how gentle he was on corner entrance.

But a great race actually. I enjoyed it. Would have been sublime if Dovi stayed in and Rossi didn’t fade.

Yeah. Nobody is harder on the front end than MM93. He’s an animal on the front tyre. So when everyone was running the hardest front tire even for qualifying it was obvious that Marc was going to have a difficult race. He couldn’t carry the corner speed he likes so he was even harder on the brakes while still in a straight line before turn in and you could see how gentle he was on corner entrance.

But a great race actually. I enjoyed it. Would have been sublime if Dovi stayed in and Rossi didn’t fade.

Rins ran a very clever race, letting Marc do all the spade work up front. I think Rins would have still won if Marc dropped the pace and let Maverick into the fight. Marc would then have settled for 3rd I reckon, rather taking the points with Dovi already out.

Loved Marcs dig at Rins, saying he isn't anywhere in the championship so it's alright:)

• 3 weeks later...

Another good MotoGP race yesterday, but geesh, what a dwis move by MM93. Soured the whole race for me.  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

I mean, he's got beef with VR46, why take it out on another Yamaha rider? Or is it the fact that he knew/could see himself being overtaken yet again, before the chequered flag.

Nonetheless, it was poor form of him. Cannot justify it at all. 

Another good MotoGP race yesterday, but geesh, what a dwis move by MM93. Soured the whole race for me. :cursing: [emoji107]

I mean, he's got beef with VR46, why take it out on another Yamaha rider? Or is it the fact that he knew/could see himself being overtaken yet again, before the chequered flag.

Which 'move'? Winning the race?

Another good MotoGP race yesterday, but geesh, what a dwis move by MM93. Soured the whole race for me.  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

I loved it. I couldn't believe I was so glued to however many laps of (to be fair) nothing happening all for the final lap blow-out. 

I've also never seem MM so pumped, that meant a lot.

you talking about rolling off the throttle? nothing wrong. in fact it was a risky move because if Quat was taking a wider line, he would have flown past MM

Another good MotoGP race yesterday, but geesh, what a dwis move by MM93. Soured the whole race for me. :cursing: :thumbdown:

Tbh found the race boring, fell asleep and woke to the sounds of the commentators celebrating the end

MotoGP ain’t what it used to be

It was a knob move, very dangerous, as he could have caused Quartararo to crash(maybe caused himself to go down also)

Up to then it was a great, clean race. FQ20 did not give him any reason to roll of the throttle in the middle of a fast corner, in the manner that he did.

He was upset with VR46 after the qualifying shenanigans (even alluded to it in his post race interview) and felt he "had to get back at them" . Very childish, and not becoming the defending Champion.

I lost a bit of respect for him.