MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember Wayne Gardner and Kork Ballington trying 4 wheel racing. They both wrote off cars in spectacular fashion.

I see Lorenzo is tweeting he will be back in paddock, coincides with Yamaha saying they offered him a testing role for 2020............

Maybe he pulled a sneaky sneaky to get out of the 2nd year with HRC.

• 1 month later...

Now focus is surely on Rossi and Quatro.

Can a team run 3 bikes? is that permissible. I seem to recall Honda did it back in the 80's at one point with Spencer, Haslam and a Japanese rider. But memory is sketchy and it was a long time ago.

Edit: Honda did it more recently with stoner et al iirc.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Can a team run 3 bikes? is that permissible. I seem to recall Honda did it back in the 80's at one point with Spencer, Haslam and a Japanese rider. But memory is sketchy and it was a long time ago.

Honda did it a few times, think 4 bikes at one time. Two v4s and two v-twins

They may be able to keep Fabio happy with factory backing in the Petronas team for this year but Rossi will need to make up his mind on whether he will retire or move to the Petronas team to make space for Fabio next to Mav. If not, they may lose Fabio to another team I think.

I was a bit disappointed to see Mav extend. I was really hoping he would go to Ducati. He has historically always tested well and he knows why. Track conditions at tests is very different to race weekends. He did an in depth interview on it.

I just hope we see other riders change. There was a lot of excitement around this year with all the riders out of contract. If after the musical chairs, everyone was to end up where they were, that would be such an anti-climax.

That being said, Marc will not move!!!!!

So Fabio into factory team for 21/22. Official.

Rossi to decide what he wants to do in the first 6 months of 2020.

I suppose the bigger shock is that they made the Fabio signing before the decision by Rossi was made.

May have been pushed into it given Ducati were also pursuing Fabio.

Sign him or lose him......

Stranger things have happened so he might race on, but I don't see how continuing on after this year has any positives for Rossi and his legacy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it doesn't wash away......…

I went in 2017, superb day out in the sun,. It truly was a magical day. 

2018, well it was a disaster. 2019 and they had a great day after making changes to the track but people here still complain about 2018. 

Here's hoping 2020 is spot on again.