PPA ONE TONNER 20 Oct 2013

Wannabe

I don't mind wind that much, as long as it slows down the winning time.

I'm not sure about the route, what affect will a SE have on us ? Will we have a head wind on the way back i'm guessing ? Looking forward to Sunday :clap:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the route, what affect will a SE have on us ? Will we have a head wind on the way back i'm guessing ? Looking forward to Sunday :clap:

From the turnoff to Hermon / Riebeek Kasteel, over Botmaskop to the turnoff to Malmesbury, all the way from Malmesbury on the R304 to the turnoff onto Kromme Rhee ( this is a very short section) and then again all the way on R44 to finish will be into the wind. Would guesstimate about 80km into the teeth of the SE.

NOT GONNA BE FUN IF IT'S A HOWLER!!

From the turnoff to Hermon / Riebeek Kasteel, over Botmaskop to the turnoff to Malmesbury, all the way from Malmesbury on the R304 to the turnoff onto Kromme Rhee ( this is a very short section) and then again all the way on R44 to finish will be into the wind. Would guesstimate about 80km into the teeth of the SE.

Yeah, that's not a pleasant piece of road when the wind is blowing. I've been dropped on that section more than once. If you lose the wheel of the guy in front of you, you get blown away like an old newspaper.

just reading this makes me think back to our training ride :eek: and i really dont want to remember that ...cause then i have to go drink to try to forget about it :cursing: ........

just reading this makes me think back to our training ride :eek: and i really dont want to remember that ...cause then i have to go drink to try to forget about it :cursing: ........

What does not kill you, makes you stronger. :devil:

WeatherSA: Stellies

14 knots, 15 gusts

Windguru " 14 knots with 20 gusts

Accuweather:

• SSE 29 km/h
  • Gusts: 42 km/h

Edited by nazmo

WeatherSA: Stellies

14 knots, 15 gusts

Windguru " 14 knots with 20 gusts

Accuweather:

• SSE 29 km/h
  • Gusts: 42 km/h

Eina.

If I wake up to the wind bending the Palmtree's in our street, I'm gonna turn around and go back to sleep. :whistling: :blush:

Wind would make your time relative to the winner slower, except if you're Cancellara and starting in Z. If you ride X minutes slower than the winner without wind, with wind you'll be X + Y minutes slower.

Wind would make your time relative to the winner slower, except if you're Cancellara and starting in Z. If you ride X minutes slower than the winner without wind, with wind you'll be X + Y minutes slower.

This is true, but the winner will be from a large group so in wind it won't affect their time that much. If i start in D or drop down to join a DC team, it will never be the size of the A-B group.

This is true, but the winner will be from a large group so in wind it won't affect their time that much. If i start in D or drop down to join a DC team, it will never be the size of the A-B group.

I think he meant, it will effect your time... you will be slower. This is bad as the gap between you and winner will be larger hence the X+Y. Your point even motivates this further... bad news all round :huh:

I agree with andydude and waldoZ - unless PPA put a big fat juicy Beta on your race result, you probably don't want this one to determine your Argus seeding.

Will be at the back with my DC team anyway, so Die Burger my only proper seeding race this year

What does not kill you, makes you stronger. :devil:

Exactly, It's the possibility that the wind might just kill, that has me worried.

What will the weighting towards your Argus seeding if you did this as well as Die Burger.

Do they consider the last Argus as well - Ive already been 'fined' as I havnt done a seeded race in months (through Racetec/PPA anyways)