[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

This is not quite the response I would expect from an organizer.

I did the race, not as fit for the marathon as I could have been but nevertheless enjoyed it and will probably be back next year. I was 1st Gand Master in and not even a mention at the prize giving. Maybe I guess thats because there were only 3 old ballies who finished and 1 DNF :thumbup:

Agree..Not a lekker response Hakahana.....That being said...you are not going to get everyone 100% happy.. I enjoyed the petrol taste of the water, cause my petrol was finished after the 1st 40km....Every extra bit of petrol helped....

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time we'll prepare the district roads perfectly for you! For us its about creating new adventures. I challenge you to cut 30km of trails in 7 months without leaving a few "grasbollekies" ! Maybe you should go back to Tar.

All this talk of grass? What grass? I don't remember grass being an issue. There isn't even any in my derailleur or cassette. Pain however. Yes. Searing pain in the legs. Yes :D

BTW is "Hakahana" the Spanish word for "pakslae"? Want Hakahana het gister vir my goed pakslae gegee :D

Next time we'll prepare the district roads perfectly for you! For us its about creating new adventures. I challenge you to cut 30km of trails in 7 months without leaving a few "grasbollekies" ! Maybe you should go back to Tar.

Not the response I expected from a venue that opens next week and wants my paying business. With this interaction with their future customers, I wil rather pick Van Gaalens in the same region.

I know we can't trust the race distance, but this is just silly! The route profile for the half marathon indicated 34km course. At the start they informed us that the distance would in fact be 36km. GPS reading at the finish? 32km!

Next point, why bother putting a race route and profile online if you intend to change it on race day? At least my experience of the route markings where excellent.

The routes had to be altered at the last minute due to land owners pulling out at the last second and not allowing the trails to cross their land.

With all the security some b@stards still managed to steal my mates wife's MTB. She was seated in the car waiting for her 40km start time while he started the 70km. Then I see on book face that Jaco Ferreira's bakkie was also stolen.

I was reading this thread because I wanted to decide about riding there when they opened. The response from the trialbuilders made it clear that this is not a customer focused set-up. A pity. Back to Groenies.

I'll definitely be riding there from next weekend. Enjoyed the trails.

On the bikes being pinched. We spoke about that exact thing when we got there yesterday morning. I still commented I wonder how many bikes will get taken today.

I tell you, you have to be on your toes. That would have gotten my back right out of place.

I thought the race was well marked and enjoyable. One area that can be improved is ensuring that we have a cold beer available, was a schlep to bring my own ...

Out of interest, can the events in summer not start much earlier to avoid the midday heat?

Nice show of character.

Nice show of character.

Riaan. I could say the same. But I'm not really interested in pursuing this line of discussion. We know we have created a fantastic new venue with some awesome trails on the back of months and months of hard work. There are thousands of riders who enjoyed it and will enjoy in going forward. Cheers. Hope you come ride one day.

What some of the riders consider an incredibly difficult technical section:

http://tiredwired.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/img_1434.jpg

Edited by nickc

Yoh boet! Here I was thinking that a great response would have been " our trails at Hakahana are a work in progress and we shall do all that we can to improve" but you decide to attack your customers. So one can only assume that you have greatest faith in your product, so much so, that the theory that 1 bad piece of feedback can be multiplied by 10 does not bother you.

Now before you try and attack me I actually enjoyed the challenge that your race presented to us yesterday. But will I visit your venue in the future outside of a race? Well I consider the entire experience important which includes the attitude of the proprietor not just the trails. So you might want to get a little humility. If you can't find any don't worry it finds all of us just have to have the intelligence to recognise it when it finds you.

Edited by River Rat

Tough day out, had a severe puncture on my front wheel, had two OTB dismounts lol.

I did not like this track - the first climb was such that even the B batchers were walking it, with no space to pass. And seriously, kilometer after kilometer on effing grass? No thanks. I am dissapoint.

Read the quote in your own footer text if you are having a tough day :whistling:

post-14863-0-14518300-1381080363_thumb.jpg

Always better to HTFU than to B&M