94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this 2:45 ish talk is making me nervous.

Maybe you should negotiate a performance bonus for your coach/riding buddy (aka case of beer or something) :whistling:

Yip. But riding with my sister who should do a sub 3 as well. I am seeded F but dropping back to G with her. Hope her legs will have a good day. If she has a good day we will crack 3 hours no problem.

Same here, it all depends how Carpet feels on the day.

I am not too worried about my time, I will never beat my best time ever in any case.

Maybe you should negotiate a performance bonus for your coach/riding buddy (aka case of beer or something) :whistling:

I already got him a pressie. (its a secret so do not tell him).

It's easy, just turn right when you get to Witkoppen, everybody does it.

It's easy, just turn right when you get to Witkoppen, everybody does it.

Now there's an idea. 2h10 here we come...

I am not too worried about my time, I will never beat my best time ever in any case.

Yip. But maybe I should go and try and crack a PB next year.

Question for folks who know about this stuff:

I'm trying to crack 3hr on an mtb (just because.)

What is the best strategy to follow? I read somewhere to take the first 30k easy and then push it from there, but when you are trying to make a time, 'taking it easy' is not so easy.

Got any (reasonable! and simple.) suggestions for me? Find a group that is not maxing me out and follow that as long as I can and then see how I feel?

Seeded I goup.

Edited by davetapson

What is the best strategy to follow? I read somewhere to take the first 30k easy and then push it from there, but when you are trying to make a time, 'taking it easy' is not so easy.

Got any (reasonable! and simple.) suggestions for me? Find a group that is not maxing me out and follow that as long as I can and then see how I feel?

Seeded I goup.

Done the sub3 on knobblies before. Find a fast group and stick for as long as you can.

Go until your legs break. Then go like hell.

Seeded I goup.

My advice (irrespective of what bike you are using) is to be comfortable in the first 30 kms. I do not mean take it easy but don't go to hard in the beginning. Get your rythm and try and stay in a bunch without killing yourself. If there is a strong group breaking away make sure you are strong enough to stay with them or rather stay with the bunch you are in and keep momentum.

If you have not overdone yourself and you are feeling good you can have a good climb on Witkoppen. Normally you will be caught up by faster bunches there but remember these breakaways are normally racing snakes. By the time you get to the N14 you can start putting in a really good effort.

Most oaks burn themselves in the first half en then by the time the get to the N14 the are stuffed and to add salt to your woes you will have a head wind and that is where you will loose more than what you have gained.

Done the sub3 on knobblies before. Find a fast group and stick for as long as you can.

Go until your legs break. Then go like hell.

jeezzzz!!

That and all the sub 3, sub 3:30 etc....I'm gonna give it all I've got (which may not be much) and aim for a sub 12-ish or something and just enjoy the day. :whistling: .

That and all the sub 3, sub 3:30 etc....I'm gonna give it all I've got (which may not be much) and aim for a sub 12-ish or something and just enjoy the day. :whistling: .

Don't we all? ;)

I am guessing 2:25 ish?

Seeded I goup.

Hi im also Seeded in I group and also aiming for a sub 3 we can help each other along the way