Saddle advice after urologist

Zatek

Now I'm curious, after one particularly rough ride I had some blood in my urine- is that the start of this stuff or just as a result of the 50 off km of corrugations? Never happened again since then, but that was a very rough ride.

It is never a good sign if there is blood in your urine. You might have and infection. I only had blood in my urine 3 times in a year and half. Go to your gp and let him test for an infection this is a normal urine test.

Trust me its not worth ignoring the problem.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem totally clueless on these things. I'm sure someone will soon offer to show you. Guys....surely this tread can still go south a little bit more?

So why don't you Google it and then impart infinite wisdom on the poor soul?

When I had a bit of numbness in the old fella, I also went for a saddle with a cut out. Unfortunately, that fix didn't work. Only once I saw the guys at cycle fit did the problem get resolved. The change of Riding position and saddle level and height makes a world of difference in one go.

If you haven't had a fit, try it. Seriously, it works so well to get rid of the niggles!

Was it a transplant ?

it's the Hub aint it .... clueless is a given!!

Cluelessness is a right of passage on the hub, knowledge is a gift.

According to my urologist I had swalling and narrowing of my utara. So in short I am that friend who's tools went numb and blood in his urine.

Is there someone else who had this problem and had to change saddles? You can pm me as well but I wish I had more knowledge about this. Could save me alot if pain and medical bills. Its not fun going to the hospital for the procedures to fix it.

Thanks

had something like that in 2002 and bought my first spez saddle. Didn't know who spez was in those days but their advert was good "hey numb nuts you need a new saddle" :-) bought one and never had a problem since

According to my urologist I had swalling and narrowing of my utara. So in short I am that friend who's tools went numb and blood in his urine.

Is there someone else who had this problem and had to change saddles? You can pm me as well but I wish I had more knowledge about this. Could save me alot if pain and medical bills. Its not fun going to the hospital for the procedures to fix it.

Thanks

Hi zatek

Ok this is funny I thought I was the only one with this problem. I had my OP about 3 weeks ago to open my urethra it's not sore at all and I was back on the bike 3 days later. It's not the saddle but a good saddle and correct bike setup is a great thing to do and the benefits is endless. Just to give an idea of how much riding I do, i do about 240km 9hr a week split between my road and mtb both the bikes got fizik saddles and I spend the money on ergofit.

What I can tell you is that all the Docs speculate what the cause is, mine didn't know either.

If you want to have a general chat about it pm me your number and I'll give you a ring.

Hi zatek

Ok this is funny I thought I was the only one with this problem. I had my OP about 3 weeks ago to open my urethra it's not sore at all and I was back on the bike 3 days later. It's not the saddle but a good saddle and correct bike setup is a great thing to do and the benefits is endless. Just to give an idea of how much riding I do, i do about 240km 9hr a week split between my road and mtb both the bikes got fizik saddles and I spend the money on ergofit.

What I can tell you is that all the Docs speculate what the cause is, mine didn't know either.

If you want to have a general chat about it pm me your number and I'll give you a ring.

Where did you go for your ergo fit?

On a more serious note.

I had the op done at 26.

Years of spending time in the saddle my urethra (internal knob pipe) narrowed.

They did as I said, went through the escape hatchet and repaired what needed to be repaired.

It was tender for a week or two.

I was told to get a good saddle , in those days the options were limited.

I ended up getting a Selle Royal, moved on to the Selle Italia flight.

I was happy as a pig in pumpkin peels.

However I could feel tenderness in the area after around 8 years after that.

I got myself a Fizik, I was happy with this for a year, but couldn't get those eye poking erections.

Saw the doc again and he warned it was at the verge of narrowing again, he told me to rest as what had happened when I was younger is that it formed scar tissue.

I took two months off, discovered Specialized saddles, now another 9 odd years down the line, I am like Pinnochio.

I only use Romin saddles now, ride a fair amount and ride rigid bikes only.

Good saddle = happy bum and happy knob.

Where did you go for your ergo fit?

A place called design in motion in morningside johannesburg

Jizzlaaik man, must we spell it out for you ?

Did you see a question mark in my original post... huh

Did you see a question mark in my original post... huh

Oh yes, you forgot the question mark

Etiquette dictates that if you ask a question in writing, you finish it off with a question mark.

Moet nou nie ń etter wees nie.

On a more serious note.

I had the op done at 26.

Years of spending time in the saddle my urethra (internal knob pipe) narrowed.

They did as I said, went through the escape hatchet and repaired what needed to be repaired.

It was tender for a week or two.

I was told to get a good saddle , in those days the options were limited.

I ended up getting a Selle Royal, moved on to the Selle Italia flight.

I was happy as a pig in pumpkin peels.

However I could feel tenderness in the area after around 8 years after that.

I got myself a Fizik, I was happy with this for a year, but couldn't get those eye poking erections.

Saw the doc again and he warned it was at the verge of narrowing again, he told me to rest as what had happened when I was younger is that it formed scar tissue.

I took two months off, discovered Specialized saddles, now another 9 odd years down the line, I am like Pinnochio.

I only use Romin saddles now, ride a fair amount and ride rigid bikes only.

Good saddle = happy bum and happy knob.

I also love my Specialized Romin saddle :thumbup: