2 Broken DS frames in under a year...

Mojoman

I bought a bike last year Sept, in Jan of this year I noticed the rear part of the dual suspension setup had a crack in it between the chainstays. I took it back and got a new frame (front and rear parts), and it was an upgraded frame.

Today I noticed my FD wasnt shifting too well, had a look and noticed the FD was resting on the chainstay, flip the bike over and again I have a broken frame!

Would it be reasonable for me to either:

a: Expect a monetary refund on the frame

b: Expect a whole new frame, with carried over warranty, to sell on

Personally I dont have much faith safety wise with this brand. And to be honest I am tired of hassles with the bike. Last time I had to buy a new BB and pay for the bike to be reassembled. This on a bike less than 12 months old.

I dont want to name the brand as I still have to go through on Monday and sort this out but quite honestly I dont want them just to replace the rear triangle and call it quits.

post-12678-0-27583900-1377956077_thumb.jpg

I

Edited by Mojoman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would not be unreasonable at all to expect a new frame. I ride a well known brand, and I know they would replace the frame. This is South Africa, we pay 10x the rest of the world for everything, give them 10x the ***.

You would not be unreasonable at all to expect a new frame. I ride a well known brand, and I know they would replace the frame. This is South Africa, we pay 10x the rest of the world for everything, give them 10x the ***.

Classic :lol:

Edited by Meezo

See? This is what happens when you have silly things like suspension... pah! :ph34r:

On a serious note, yes, a new frame and a written apology. Give them hell.

It needs a wash. :whistling:

It regularly gets a wash, I only ride a dirty bike on the way home!

But I was trying to sort out the shifting issues first!

A mate of mine broke two Scott frames. second time round they were giving him *** and did not want to replace it. Said it was only a cosmetic crack.

He eventually claimed from insurance and moved over to a Merida.

Just because of that, all our friends moved away from riding scott.

*edited for spelling.

Edited by PhilipV

mate of mine broke two Scott frames. second tine round thry wete giving him *** and did not want to replace it.

he eventually claimed from insurance and moved over to a merida.

just because of that, all our friebds moved away from riding scott.

I am also thinking of going through my insurers. I think Ghost will just want to replace the rear triangle and be done with it. I have a very, very serious concern with my safety now, I may not be third time lucky!

I am not a 20yr old free-ride maniac, I am 40, self employed and believe you are only in control when both wheels are on the ground but how safe are these bikes if I can break 2 in under a year in the hills of Magalies??!! Next time I could be in hospital for 6 months, no income and in serious trouble!

And I am also tired of the standard riding joke with friends - 'So whats going to break today...??'!!

Edited by Mojoman