Coffee shops: winners and losers

Canaris

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bootlegger Coffee Company

Visited their Stellenbosch branch today for the first time and now I understand why Team Pure Savage raves about them.

I mean R18 for a very delicious coffee! (part of their special between 07:30 - 08:30)

And best of all, their standard for all the coffees are double shot.

Cyclist friendly too. :thumbup:

Can you please tell me where they are? I think they are in Ryneveld street, but couldn't see them when I rode down the street. Really keen on trying them out. Edited by Brooks42

Can you please tell me where they are? I think they are in Ryneveld street, but couldn't see them when I rode down the street. Really keen on trying them out.

Correct, they are in Ryneveld. On the left-hand side.

Here is the full address:

15 Ryneveld St, Stellenbosch, 7600.

Green Bean in Muldersdrift

They roast their own beans, and you can go in the back and choose your beans, have it ground if so inclined.

Friendly service, and reasonable pricing.

Visited their Stellenbosch branch today for the first time and now I understand why Team Pure Savage raves about them.

I mean R18 for a very delicious coffee! (part of their special between 07:30 - 08:30)

Cyclist friendly too.  :thumbup:

This should be a standard across the board, really cant understand how coffee shop owners sleep at night charging for single shots... ridiculous. 

I mean +- 8 grams of coffee... how. 

Correct, they are in Ryneveld. On the left-hand side.

Here is the full address:

15 Ryneveld St, Stellenbosch, 7600.

Thanks, I found them this morning, their coffee is pretty darn good. Love how spoilt for choice we are in Stellenbosch.

This should be a standard across the board, really cant understand how coffee shop owners sleep at night charging for single shots... ridiculous. 

I mean +- 8 grams of coffee... how. 

+1

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Cyclist friendly too.  :thumbup:

A friend gave me some beans today, roasted by Bootlegger for the company she works for. Only problem is that the roast date, or BB date is not showing, so I have no idea how fresh it is. Pity!

A friend gave me some beans today, roasted by Bootlegger for the company she works for. Only problem is that the roast date, or BB date is not showing, so I have no idea how fresh it is. Pity!

This is a big problem in the industry.. the bigger roasters are going for Best Before dates now to cater for the supermarkets... 

I wont sell beans older than 3 weeks. 

This is a big problem in the industry.. the bigger roasters are going for Best Before dates now to cater for the supermarkets... 

I wont sell beans older than 3 weeks. 

Which is why I support local - 250g per week satisfies my needs... so I'm always enjoying beans that are 10-14 days old when the last bean hits the grinder.

Which is why I support local - 250g per week satisfies my needs... so I'm always enjoying beans that are 10-14 days old when the last bean hits the grinder.

You welcome to grab a 250g from and give it a try... let me know!