Armstrong fooled us - give us $5,000,000!

Eldron

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny story but I was given his first book for free at a second-hand bookstore as they were just looking to get rid of them because no-one would pay for them anymore and they just keep getting more and more.

That same day they smashed my window down in town and stole it from my back seat along with a backpack.

Maybe I should sue him for my excess I had to pay.......

Morning gents,

I had a bad start to the day. You all have just made me feel better. I hope that all the above is true or else I am going to sue the lot of you.

Have a great day

Sarge.

I am going to sue you, we all know that Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.

Wrooooong it was the black guy with the trumpet.....jeeez get it right Dangle

I am going to sue you, we all know that Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.

Along with Buzz Lightyear

I also want in on this action.

I wore a livestrong bracelet to make me fast like lance, but all that happened was my one ball itched furiously and i lied about it.

Would love to know on what grounds they can justify 5 Million....no wait on second thoughts i dont really want to know.

Just imagine the judge went soft between the ears and they won the case, everyone who has the book might have a claim.....i wonder how much i could sell my copies for?

:lol: - No, they dont even want to justify it, they know its not feasible, its just a starting figure for negotiations, they dont expect to ever recover that amount, but if they started at $1000.00 were do you go from there.?

American law is a different animal, legal firms are required by law to do a certain amount of Pro Bono work so many take on these cases where there is a chance of recovery as part of their obligations. Afterwards they may continue on a share basis in any recovery or just stop proceedings.

However the litigious nature of the US beast makes me think some lawyer took a good look at the case, decided there was a big insurance company covering publications for cases like this and decided to go go for it.

Its purely opportunistic, they are bargaining on the insurance company looking at it and saying "Well, its gonna cost us (for example figures here) $400.000 to fight this in court, there is no guarantee of winning, so lets offer them $200.000 and make them sign a non disclosure document, the lawyer will accept, and everyone is happy, case closed, problem solved, lets move on.

Of course, we all know this would never happen here or in most countries for obvious reasons, but as I said, the US is a different beast. :D

Along with Buzz Lightyear

Forgot about him.

The first gay man in space.

He was so gay, the other astronuts and ground staff were very concerned sending him up with other men, they eventually told him he can go on the condition he leaves his woody behind.

Sorry man, I forgot about that.

Too many Armstrong's can make one nut.

Guest Latent Blue

oh Sh*t!!!

We have been falsely inspired

My life means nothing

The.... Pain...

There is a light...

I'm leaving

Tell my wife i love her

Care for my kids

If only

I had $5,000,000

That would save me!

it's like suing McDonald's for being fat!

its been DONE ALREADY TRUE STORY OBVIOUSLY IN THE UNITED STATES OF IDIOTS

On the news since early this morning:

AUSTIN, Texas: A federal judge in California is siding with Lance Armstrong and the publishers of his autobiographies, rejecting claims in a lawsuit that lies about not using performance-enhancing drugs amounted to fraud and false advertising.

In a ruling issued Tuesday, the judge sided with lawyers for Armstrong that the books are free speech protected by the First Amendment.

A group of readers who bought Armstrong’s “It’s Not About The Bike” and “Every Second Counts” sued in Sacramento federal court seeking more than $5 million. They said they were duped into believing the books were inspirational true accounts and should have been labeled fiction.