Milnerton Cycle Lane. Wipe Out

Guest Frail4Life

Guest Frail4Life

Guys and Dolls be safe out on the Cycle Lane.

Car wiped out at Boundary intersection just past intersection into the Wall!

Path is 70% covered with a fallen tree from the Wipe out.

post-2217-0-38941700-1379177451_thumb.jpg

post-2217-0-64640000-1379177467_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the tyre marks ,it looks like a member of the 4x4 club came around corner to fast.Lucky no cyclists around at that stage.

Considering the tyre marks ,it looks like a member of the 4x4 club came around corner to fast.Lucky no cyclists around at that stage.

I've been trying to work what happened here, couldn't see any skid marks though. I almost rode into the sign lying on the floor while looking at the whole in the wall this morning :blush: Edited by Caerus

It was a woman drunk at 3.00am Sat morning in her Fortunner, just chatted to one of the tow truck drivers that was on the scene, she apparently lost a wheel somehow which caused here to roll. No one is 100% clear as to what actually happened.

It was a woman drunk at 3.00am Sat morning in her Fortunner, just chatted to one of the tow truck drivers that was on the scene, she apparently lost a wheel somehow which caused here to roll. No one is 100% clear as to what actually happened.

That cant be true. Fortuners only roll on dirt roads, all of them, all of the time. :whistling:

I'm no Patrick Jane, but blaming this accident on the wheel falling off sounds like a JDA story for insurance.

I'm no Patrick Jane, but blaming this accident on the wheel falling off sounds like a JDA story for insurance.

She probably lost a wheel from hitting a pavement first, I'll do some further CSi tomorrow, weather permitting.

Flucking 29'er rider must have overcooked the entry back onto the cycle lane and gone wide after hitting the pole!

That has to be in contention for post of the year! Gold!

We have the same holes appearing around our neighbourhood from time to time.

Funny how it's always a saturday or sunday morning. Always around a corner, and sometimes a t-tjunction with skid marks appearing only after the stopstreet was missed.

I blame two things

1) speed

2) alcohol/drugs

A couple of years ago, i had to go to pretoria on a sunday morning. Joined the highway at 14th ave, and between there and lynnwood offramp, i counted 4 cars that left the highway in an unplanned fasion, 2 of which had occupants standing around ( empty alcohol containers all around) the other two the cars were severrely damaged due to the cars not reaching the top of the embankment, probably could not unclip fast enough and rolled over.

Edited by RocknRolla