Rant: CWC Green Point

Hairy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairy..realising your anger, I still might have waited because as predicted you have three pages of cwc fanboy banter to deal with....I am interested to hear the story on Monday though

Who the hell uses tubes????

people who gets sidewall cuts when they do races in the Western Cape when they are not used to the nice sharp jagged shale plates we get around here. On average you will use at lease 1 tube during the Epic. On a bad day you may need 3 or 4.

people who gets sidewall cuts when they do races in the Western Cape when they are not used to the nice sharp jagged shale plates we get around here. On average you will use at lease 1 tube during the Epic. On a bad day you may need 3 or 4.

AKA - non tubeless tyre users, aka Ikon or Crossmark single ply users.

Or - anyone not running tubeless tyres with a reasonable sidewall thickness... But yes, in the cape, you need tjoops if a cut is more than 3" long and you don't have a set of pre-cut tubeless patches and needle n thread (yes, you can sew a tyre back together if it's been slit, and there's a patch backing it up)

Okay - seeing as none of the "Oh Hairy's moaning - send him a man-bag" losers are capable of doing this themselves, here we go (all taken from this thread, and what Hairy has said so far)

Hairy orders item off CWC Online.

Selects "collect from store" as delivery option

Requests in delivery notes that the item be collected from Green Point store

Receives email stating that it is fine, collection at GP store can go ahead

Goes to GP store, manager gives him words and refuses to help, possibly including insults and digs at Jerome's integrity and / or intelligence level

Hairy leaves without item and serious gripe against management.

Hairy posts to his online compadres in an attempt to offload some steam

Carbon Kooi and PAK throw a hissy fit and drop some panties of their own

(PAK - I see you edited one of your posts - cool - but just read and think next time, please...)

I say again, Carbon Kooi, PAK and others - READ before you try to rip into someone. It really will get you to look like less of a douche when you actually try and attack someone for lacking "man marbles"

I don't get your hostility, and why you feel like you have to look after Hairy. I always enjoy your posts but you are a overreacting a bit here.

In the post I edited, I just added a sentence and didn't remove anything. I said that I'm not ATTACKING Hairy but just stating that he should've mentioned his problem and not just state that he is unhappy.

It's good that we can use the Hub to rant and to rave. I just feel that we need to be fair and fully explain WHY we are unhappy.

So yeah, bash Cwc if you had a bad experience, they are not immune to unhappy clients. But be fair about it

I don't get your hostility, and why you feel like you have to look after Hairy. I always enjoy your posts but you are a overreacting a bit here.

In the post I edited, I just added a sentence and didn't remove anything. I said that I'm not ATTACKING Hairy but just stating that he should've mentioned his problem and not just state that he is unhappy.

It's good that we can use the Hub to rant and to rave. I just feel that we need to be fair and fully explain WHY we are unhappy.

So yeah, bash Cwc if you had a bad experience, they are not immune to unhappy clients. But be fair about it

Yeah, PAK - I was a bit over-enthusiastic wrt your post (post-edit) and for that I apologise.

I suppose it's an indication of the way I'm currently viewing commentary all over cyberspace (here, N24, IOL, MyBB etc) in that people do not READ. They just pick apart a section of a post, or ignore something intrinsic to the problem, with no thought on how they sound.

Your amended post (with the inclusion of the last sentence) changed a lot, and I did not remove you from the portion of my post that included you as part of the target of my "please read before douchebagging yourself" tirade... That was an error on my part.

Otherwise - no harm meant. To you... After your post was clarified & amended :)

EDIT: What I'm trying to say here - I'm a douche for including you in the douchebaggery crowd. Hope you understand the reason for my ranty bit a bit more now...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Hells bells, came back to this thread after 2 hours of trying to fit a chain guide and adaptor and the modifying what I had on there before with the aid if a hack saw and things have gone wild.

In short:

The mix up of where I wanted to have my on line purchase delivered is not a major concern.

The manner in which a manager of a store interacts with a client is of concern.

When telling me that it is clear on the site when purchasing an item that it is is for on line purchases only and not for store purchases. This after me saying I am coming to collect from an on line purchase. ( CWC Make sure that the public understand (if I understand this correctly now) that the gp store is just an lbs and had no ties to the on line store) then please don't get abrupt with me and want to cut the conversation short as I am still communicating with you.

Do not simply say you can not help me because this gp store is not an on line store after there is a mix up from the CWC on line side. If I specify under the comments section made available on the purchase page that I will collect from the gp store and I get a email a few hours later saying that the goods are ready for collection and the on line store never raised my specified collection point as an issue, then please expect me to be unhappy when I collect and the service/feedback that I get is poor and abrasive.

When I tell you I am unhappy, please do not simply say well I you are sorry about that you can't help me then .... with your time becoming more abrasive and curt. Please expect me to them also respond in the same manner.

So please do not raise your voice to a customer, especially in from of other s.... I will respond accordingly.

When in front of others also think about it carefully when in front of others when you tell me "oh but you have complained about me or us (can't recall the exact wording right now, but I am sure it was me) as I will say on the spot that my complaint was warranted. The fact that I.have had issues before would make me think you would want ti accommodate me and not alienate me more. I believe I am a reasonable person and I do understand high pressure situations on a professional level, so I let things slide to a point. But berating or challenging me in front of others in the store and then still on is a issue separate issue of that at hand I do take exception to.

A simple solution to this whole situation would have been to cut the argumentive, abrasive and non commitant attitude and to simply do something as simple as taking off a set of grips from your shelf, giving this to me, saying sorry for the mix up (even id you were personally not responsible for this) and then replacing the stock from your in line store when one of the staff pass by again.....not saying "well you must just go to the on line sure and collect it there"..... I take it this is tge bellville store? If this was clear and up front at the outset of the purchase then I would just have it from my usual bike shop in town who always offer excelent service instead.

So there was an obvious issue with the dispatch/on line staff, but the biggest issue is with the gp manager who needs to understand or learn to desk with clientele in the correct manner.

A side note, I stopped at the gp store on Monday this week with a friend. Whilst looking around (was hoping to find 2.4" mk2 tyres in stok), the store not being busy at all, another client who had goods in his hands asked the manager something who mumbled a curt something or other and then kept walking on and going to sit at a table with what looked like a supplier. The client had a baffled look on his face, shook his head, looked at me with a smile, put the goods down and walked out the shop.

I worked for cwc many years ago and worked wi cw snrs brother and had the pleasure of working with and meeting his father who really in my mind was an amazing man, I would never have ever dealt with customers in this manner and there is no way in hell that the store would accept this either. Because I.worked at cwc and discovered a passion for cycling through the brand I.have always been a strong advocate for the brand, on both a social media and a personal level, and find that what I have experienced ti date at the gp store, to really cut me deep.

The above typed on my cell, the grammar, spelling and overall composition might be a bit off due to having to tryb and work on such a small screen.

J

you know you want some large volume 26er loving tyres in your life too Meezo ;)

Giant Reign, Num num num.

Back to topic. Thanks for shedding the light on the CWC GP store, wasn't there yet, would've been had the black esi's sold so quickly..... I probably then would've been in the same boat. Except I'm a little short tempered at times, so might of blown my top with "the manager 's attitude"

I've had great service from CWC. Haven't been to the GP store, but every time I went to the TB store its been a pleasure.

What I didn't like was their ads up with the dude in the bed with 2 chicks. Not the best message to be sending to the youngsters out there. It was a horrible campaign and I expected more from a family run business.