What just happened here...

Louzy

Do you honestly believe that a guy out celebrating his first year anniversary, with wife and child in the car would be doing this. He was not close to the bike till the guy deliberately swerved in front of his SUV and hit the brakes and looking at the SUV at the same time. These guys were riding like twats prior to this, it's been confirmed. Secondly, how convenient to have the video clip start and stop when it did.

As for this comment seems it will happen to you sooner then me with that attitude. Secondly, I don't plan on intentionally swerving in front of an SUV and slamming on brakes you pillock. Thirdly I'll say it again, these bikers were a bunch of twats, and your reply puts you within the same category as them. Have a nice day :thumbup:

Caerus, you sound like the type of driver I am referring to. I have had idiots like this behind me more than once. Best is when they don't even move to the right hand lane and pass when they can. No, I don't resort to the braking thing (unless I am in my car with my tow bar) on the bike, but I know that some people would.

You have a nice life now. Pity my ethics mean I'll never leave you to fend for yourself against idiot drivers. In fact my ethics put me between them and you. Regularly. Chew on that next time you complete a cycling race safely.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what happened before the first incident...the Bikers handled that first confrontation wrong by hitting the vehicle etc..and what is why caused all the activity afterwards...the long and the short of it if they we all have too much vent yup frustration...and this is the result

I said, and i quote "I finish with this question, that i hope you and the rest of the anti biker gang here will answer truthfully, yes or no answer." That does not say everyone is anti biker, well not in my interpretation anyway. I believe it applies to those who are Anti Biker, of which there are some(Caerus is one) and others who are not.

So therefore, if the shoe fits....................

Critising bikers behaving badly does not = anti bike/biker.

YOu may want to reconsider your position since it does not do wonders for perception of your maturity level.

PS: you may want to read the above a few times to fully grasp whats being said

Caerus, you sound like the type of driver I am referring to. I have had idiots like this behind me more than once. Best is when they don't even move to the right hand lane and pass when they can. No, I don't resort to the braking thing (unless I am in my car with my tow bar) on the bike, but I know that some people would.

You have a nice life now. Pity my ethics mean I'll never leave you to fend for yourself against idiot drivers. In fact my ethics put me between them and you. Regularly. Chew on that next time you complete a cycling race safely.

Not at all, I was told I drive like a granny just the other day in fact. You can ask anyone that drives with me what I'm like. It seems we share the same ethics then :thumbup: Have a great day

Neither Joffter nor I are saying the bikers were right. What we are saying is that the full story is needed to know who was responsible for what. And that the "innocent victim" may well not be so innocent. This does not justify beating a person up any more than riding like a twat justifies being run over. IE the "innocent victim" is at least partially guilty of an offense. The people who are just slating bikers and saying it is definitely all the bikers fault need to remember that there could have been aggravation to cause the initial twit in the video to brake in front of the SUV. If you look at how certain people have worded their comments it is not to agree that there are only certain twits, instead they have generalize it to all bikers.

Further, when Jofter rightly pointed out a comparison to cyclists those same commentators get highly defensive. I have seen and experienced how cyclists are often no better than these bikers in races. If the shoe fits please feel free to let everyone know and see...

Critising bikers behaving badly does not = anti bike/biker.

YOu may want to reconsider your position since it does not do wonders for perception of your maturity level.

PS: you may want to read the above a few times to fully grasp whats being said

WHATEVER....................

Neither Joffter nor I are saying the bikers were right. What we are saying is that the full story is needed to know who was responsible for what. And that the "innocent victim" may well not be so innocent. This does not justify beating a person up any more than riding like a twat justifies being run over. IE the "innocent victim" is at least partially guilty of an offense. The people who are just slating bikers and saying it is definitely all the bikers fault need to remember that there could have been aggravation to cause the initial twit in the video to brake in front of the SUV. If you look at how certain people have worded their comments it is not to agree that there are only certain twits, instead they have generalize it to all bikers.

Further, when Jofter rightly pointed out a comparison to cyclists those same commentators get highly defensive. I have seen and experienced how cyclists are often no better than these bikers in races. If the shoe fits please feel free to let everyone know and see...

Lets say they were on pogo sticks when they did this and the SUV driver was in a tractor, that way cyclists and bikers are out the equation, the bikers were still a bunch of twats and especially the guy that braked in front of the car.

A lot of wrongs in this instance, not one right.

I have reacted in anger twice while riding my motorcycle, once I damaged property, and once I removed a driver from his vehicle and took him to the yellow line, to show him that he is not allowed to drive there.

In both instances I thought my actions was justified, at the time.

I was wrong in both instances.

My mindset about these things changed completely after htese two incidents, from feeling entitled on a motorcycle, and thinking i HAD to be aggressive to SHOW the motorists that they need to be carefull of motorcyclists, to rather making sure I can handle any situation that I may encounter whilst riding in the traffic. I made peace with the fact that if I ride responsibly, and using my head, that I have done everything in my power to ensure my safety.

I have witnessed large groups of motorcyclists behaving like tjops.

I have witnessed people in vehicles bahaving like tjops towards motorcyclists.

This situation ended badly for everyone. Reacting in rage seldom has a satisfactory outcome. In this case lives were changed forwever.

It is saddening.

Note: It is useless speculating on who is at fault, as the full events leading up to this video has not been displayed.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by RocknRolla

what that video shows is a group of thugs on motorbike intimidating a driver and his family. The driver reacts in a manner to defend himself and his family.

In no contest, in a angry hord of 100 aggressors in the right when the fight is against a woman, her child and her husband.

No matter which way to the bikers want to spin this one, its an uneven contest and paints motorcyclists with the "thug" stereotype.

Twirst and twirl all you want, the video shows exactly that. All it will do is provoke more anti biker sentiment.

After this video going viral, I think it is going to make some bikers very arrogant. I witnessed it this morning. An elderly lady indicated to change lanes and proceeded slowly. A biker came down the middle and reved like a nutcase, obviously starling the poor lady and her car stalled and switched off. He then started swearing and eventually kicked her car and sped off. What a twat!

Edited by Rifi

Guest Smimby

Car hits a biker. Biker's then surround and intimidate driver. Driver fears for his safety and drives off, taking down a bunch of bikers. Bikers then chase down the car and get physical with the driver.

Cause of the first incident is still up for debate, but my guess, was the bikers were being tw@ts, and the driver got frustrated and clipped a rider.

Frustration does not give anyone the right to act like that!

After this video going viral, I think it is going to make some bikers very arrogant. I witnessed it this morning. An elderly lady indicated to change lanes and proceeded slowly. A biker came down the middle and reved like a nutcase, obviously starling the poor lady and her car stalled and switched off. He then started swearing and eventually kicked her car and sped off. What a twat!

Agreed, you ride and do stuff like that you are a Twat. Oke like that is guaranteed an @hole in all walks of life....

There are a few things I learned whilst I was a biker.

1. There is no point in losing your patience. It could cause you to lose your life

2. You have to think for everybody on the road and anticipate every move of whoever is around you. Get used to it and don't complain. After all your life is the one most at stake

3. Ingnore chops in cars that want to teach you a 'lesson'. Again; you have a knife, they an AK47. Think before losing your patience with them. Refer to point 1.

4. Be mindful of older people. They are not as sharp as us younger ones. Respect that.

5. Don't show off. It just makes you look like a chop.

6. Don't race on public roads. That's what track days are for. Make use of the facility if you feel the itch.

7. Treat every outing on your bike with the same respect towards safety. That quick ride to the shop around the corner might be your last.

Feel free to add.

Edited by Moridin

There are a few things I learned whilst I was a biker.

1. There is no point in losing your patience. It could cause you to lose your life

2. You have to think for everybody on the road and anticipate every move of whoever is around you. Get used to it and don't complain. After all your life is the one most at stake

3. Ingnore chops in cars that want to teach you a 'lesson'. Again; you have a knife, they an AK47. Think before losing your patence with them. refer to point 1.

4. Be mindful of older people. They are not as sharp as us younger ones. Respect that.

5. Don't show off. It just makes you look like a chop.

6. Don't race on public roads. That's what track days are for. Make use of the facility if you feel the itch.

7. Treat every outing on your bike with the same respect towards safety. That quick ride to the shop around the corner might be your last.

Feel free to add.

Very well said, being an ex biker myself.

Those guys were not bikers, they are thugs,

looking for the next cheap action to happen.

What happened just before the beginning of the video, does not justify the actions we see later.

I would have run over more idiots, if my wife and kids were in the car.