Excessively high resting HR

MTBc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe that's a pretty good method, but usually if you cant talk then its a good indication, cant breathe is a seriously good indication.

Try wearing it back to front, I always wondered if it would work.

If I could find it I would give it a try.

Hubby always asks me how I am feeling on the bike, when I don't reply he says to me, now you aren't talking to me and I am like dude I can hardly breath now you want me to talk. shees give a gal a break already.

Get her to pee on a stick.... your life is about to change... :)

I see Maxxis beat me to it.... let us know... 240 is right for mom+implant...

Ag jinne. I have 2 of my own and she does too. I'm hoping the "cheaper by the half-dozen" principle kicks in soon.

Is it one of those silly textile (fabric sensing strip) straps or the plastic (hard plastic sensing strip)?

Those textile straps can be finicky but if that was the case you would also see the same when you wear it.

Suggest you make sure its wet enough and adjusted tight enough.

For some reason (2 reasons actually... :eek: ) women suffer this problem more than men.

It's a standard garmin HRM - hard plastic sensor with elasticized material straps.

Must be the double-reason, as it was strap on tight and moist.

Ag jinne. I have 2 of my own and she does too. I'm hoping the "cheaper by the half-dozen" principle kicks in soon.

That only applies to condoms.... :)

Please call her and ask her to pee on the stick... let us know what she says in the first 15 seconds....

Actually my money is just on a loose strap, or a major cardiac fibrillation - because by the time there is a second heartbeat of enough electrical significance to show on a Garmin HRM, she should already be showing and know about it.... kind of hard to miss some of the side effects of this kind of parasite... :)

This thread is great!

BTW, you can't get your HR above 100%. The highest number you record is your new max. Probably more.

shot for the advice. I'd originally let the computer set max based on height, weight & gender, coming out at 186bpm, but I can push 195. Will play with the computer tonight and see if I can manually set the max to a little faster.

*edit* fixed

Edited by Captain Cheesy

shot for the advice. I'd originally let the computer set max based on height, weight & gender, coming out at 186bpm, but I can push 195. Will play with my thingy tonight and see if I can manually set the max to a little faster.

I'm out

Will play with my thingy tonight and see if I can manually set the max to a little faster.

Prepare yourself for the comments to follow :clap:

shot for the advice. I'd originally let the computer set max based on height, weight & gender, coming out at 186bpm, but I can push 195. Will play with my thingy tonight and see if I can manually set the max to a little faster.

Make sure you use enough lube - friction burns on the thingy are not pretty...