Twistgrip SRAM

Jocklaw

Yo dude. I used to ride SHimano triggers, then went to SRAM Gripshift and now I've just gone to SRAM triggers with my latest upgrade.

The Gripshift option is fantastic. It really is. You can control exactly how many cogs you want to shift in an instant, and it just does it. In terms of use-ability, it's the best. Really is. Only reason I'm at triggers now is due to cost difference, and that you have to go minimum X0 if you want gripshift.

I can only recommend it.

Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT shift uncontrollably when you're going through a technical section or grabbing a fistful of brake, or even when you're holding onto the bars or trying to jump. They just work..

Been riding twist grips for close on a year and half and will not go back to triggers very convenient and got me out of a few tricky situations because I can grab a "handfull" of gears very quickly.

The past weekend was the only time I had a problem,were doing a very muddy race and after clearing the clay mud of my tyres my hands started slipping on the grips and I could not turn it was to slippery....lesson learned use your glove to clear the mud of the tyres but take them off before touching the twist grip. :eek:

Yo dude. I used to ride SHimano triggers, then went to SRAM Gripshift and now I've just gone to SRAM triggers with my latest upgrade.

The Gripshift option is fantastic. It really is. You can control exactly how many cogs you want to shift in an instant, and it just does it. In terms of use-ability, it's the best. Really is. Only reason I'm at triggers now is due to cost difference, and that you have to go minimum X0 if you want gripshift.

I can only recommend it.

Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT shift uncontrollably when you're going through a technical section or grabbing a fistful of brake, or even when you're holding onto the bars or trying to jump. They just work..

What he said

Only negative thing I've read is that they put your brakes quite far inboard. So if you ride with your hands on the edges of the bar with short lever single finger brakes like Shimano XT your brakes might feel out of reach.

I have never used them myself but just something to consider.

Only negative thing I've read is that they put your brakes quite far inboard. So if you ride with your hands on the edges of the bar with short lever single finger brakes like Shimano XT your brakes might feel out of reach.

I have never used them myself but just something to consider.

this is true if u use Sram grips that twistgrip come with however most guys cut down ESI Chunky silicone grips to make a shorter grip, diameter of chunkys matches gripshift. The standard grips are long and pretty hard so not the most comfortable.

this is true if u use Sram grips that twistgrip come with however most guys cut down ESI Chunky silicone grips to make a shorter grip, diameter of chunkys matches gripshift. The standard grips are long and pretty hard so not the most comfortable.

would you have a picture to show what you mean?

I have X9 gripshifts on my old bike (2004 model, which my wife now use). Had to re-set gears only 3 times since then. SRAM only released the 10-spd gripshifts after I bought the new bike, and that is the only reason I didn't spec it. Currently use SRAM triggers - works well. My boet has XX gripshifts on his bike. Magnificent.

Definitely recommended!

If I upgrade anything on my bike it will be:

1. Dropper seatpost
  2. Gripshift

I changed to gripshifts after one of my trigger shifters were wrecked when the bars swung around in a minor off, hitting the top tube.

The pair was half the cost of one replacement trigger. Risk of damage completely removed.

Super easy to use, light and gives the front end a clean look.

Best upgrade you can do! I recently changed from Sram triggers to gripshifts and I feel I have so much more control when it comes to gearing down in tight situations. I was initially worried about mis-shifting but after doing Hakahana yesterday without a single mis-shift, all I have is good things to say about them. I have also cut some Esi grips like Bolt67 and they work like a charm.