Cyclist down... Sun Valley

Louzy

a cyclist has been knocked down just outside Sun Valley on Kommetjie main road above the sports fields. The cyclist has been taken to Consantiaberg according to one of the firemen on the scene. Male cyclist apparently.

Strongs to the rider! Hope everything is ok.

post-27630-0-48448000-1380959795_thumb.jpg

post-27630-0-30619300-1380959804_thumb.jpg

post-27630-0-54053700-1380959811_thumb.jpg

Shocking to read this on a day when one knows all your mates are out on the roads. Speedy recovery to the victim.

Yesterday saw a big transport summit up north, let's hope the safe passing distance law gets enacted sooner rather than later.

Not good, don't think anyone in my group rides with white bar-tape, racking the old brain a bit. Hope rider is OK. Strange place for an accident, looks like a quiet suburban street, not the main road. Wonder how it happened.

Terrible sight indeed...two lanes in each direction and still not enough space ....Stooooopid fre****kinn drivers making me de mo*r in .....hope the rider heals up well and fast ..

I can't be 100% sure as I didn't take down the reg number at the time but I had a near miss with a similar car a couple of weekends ago in Fish Hoek Main Road. Driver was talking on the cell phone and just turned left while passing me. Clearly not being observant

Silver Golf 5 TDi, ND plates, female driver

Kommetjie Road - while it may look like a 'suburban' road it's known for the carnage caused by drivers going too fast. Accident after accident after accident - specially round about 17th Avenue. Every sort of traffic calming method, barring speed humps, seems to have failed.

Hope the cyclist is ok. So sorry that this has happened. Again.

I hope the cyclist is okay.

If the pics show place of impact, I'm not sure if the cyclist could've ridden much more to the left. Straight road, no intersections, good visibility.

These days some drivers do everything else but to concentrate on the road. :-(

Looking at these pics. The driver surely must have been. Drunk, On Drugs or Plain Facking Dumb. Or all of the above.

From that pic the car was way too far left to bother passing a cyclist. In fact, the car looks to be pointing towards the left side of the road. Clearly the driver's attention was not on the road. The driver should be prosecuted for neglegant driving.

PS: The time has come to start making some examples.

Edited by Moridin