94.7 Re-Seeding Fiasco

clivem

The re-seeding hasnt been a fiasco, it seems to have worked pretty well.

They gave me XX

I showed my results on their qualifying events

They phoned me to say I'm now in R

There's no charge.

I couldve sent in other results to get a J or K but its not worth the R150 they would want for that.

I've always liked the organization of this event, I havent seen anything better, especially considering the huge no.s involved in 94.7.

Hey Joe,

I've also liked the organisation of the event. What got us ticked off was one of the errors was for a paid up elite licensed rider with a current seeding index of 2.14 on http://www.pedalpower.org.za. We were told to pay R150 before anything would be done by them. That's not on?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pissed with my seeding... have these people never looked at Strava - I have dozens of top 100's on the Spruit, one podium for a downhill somewhere I have never heard of and I've clocked like three 94.7 routes of distance this year alone!

And they put me in "K", K for the K#%t I am :blush:

I'm pissed with my seeding... have these people never looked at Strava - I have dozens of top 100's on the Spruit, one podium for a downhill somewhere I have never heard of and I've clocked like three 94.7 routes of distance this year alone!

I think we can save a lot of effort by just having do bits of the 94.7 on Strava and stitching it together for the complete race. No road closures, parking problems etc. Strava is better than real life (I have been told - never done it).

bwhaaaaa i think thats the **** with the seedings, everyone thinks they rock stars because of strava

I think we can save a lot of effort by just having do bits of the 94.7 on Strava and stitching it together for the complete race. No road closures, parking problems etc. Strava is better than real life (I have been told - never done it).

How about the optimum 94.7 times from Strava - like all the best segments strung together ?

Somebody who is not busy can do that....

The cycle challenge seems.... more disorganized than usual. I sold my entries a few weeks ago, and have been hakking them to get the substitution in, I just received the following email:

---- start ----

The substitutions could not be done on time as the developers had not set up the system for the substitutions to be done before hand.

There is no need to stress as the substitution may be done at Race Number Collection by the new entrants.

Here is the process:

The new entrant will need to go and pick up the race details of the old entrant.

Once that is done, go and exchange the details at Queries. They will be seeded according to their own index and not the old entrants details.

It is only an exchange of the entry and not the race number.

---- end ----

That's just bad.

bwhaaaaa i think thats the **** with the seedings, everyone thinks they rock stars because of strava

But you are a rockstar on Strava :thumbup:

How about the optimum 94.7 times from Strava - like all the best segments strung together ?

Somebody who is not busy can do that....

You can probably just take the elite winning time...

Am I the only ass hole that is not on strava ?

Just asking :ph34r:

I don't have a Strava profile, I am quite happy with that.

I have a profile without any data. Does that count?

Cause u a sneaky Russian side line trainer

Am I the only ass hole that is not on strava ?

Just asking :ph34r:

I have one logged ride (and 2 KOM - dont think many people ever ride there!). Then decided it is absolutely ridicilous to start my Polar, Garmin and THEN my Strava before my ride starts and then reverse that at the end. Crazy! It feels wrong to even use my HRM when riding my SS.

Hey Joe,

I've also liked the organisation of the event. What got us ticked off was one of the errors was for a paid up elite licensed rider with a current seeding index of 2.14 on http://www.pedalpower.org.za. We were told to pay R150 before anything would be done by them. That's not on?

Saw you were doing several, and they're a bit more serious riders than the average? Can see how being rigid with the rules is frustrating.