Rollers vs Indoor Trainers

Thinking if investing in one of these for indoor training. Are there any advantages / disadvantages of either one? What should I go for?

Also, is there a preference wrt makes? Been looking at either Tacx or Cycleops?

Don't really wanna spend more than 3500k

I have both, I use the stat more.

Rollers are a lot more work providing a better workout. Intervals and loafing are easier on the stat.

I get bored using an IDT, not so much on rollers - you fall over if you loose focus. Might be selling mine soon though, enjoy the road too much :) Based in joburg if anyone is interested.

I have both, I use the stat more.

Rollers are a lot more work providing a better workout. Intervals and loafing are easier on the stat.

Sell the stat. It's obviously not good for your training!

Have the cycleops one ....I don't know how the resistance works ...but if I just use my gears if I wanna push it ....also lekka quiet ..so the wifey can still watch TV while I am sweating away ...been watching the Banshee series ..that sure keeps the boredom away ...that mormon chick is hot .... :)

Used rollers when I was a lighty, then bought an IDT, just sold it and bought rollers again. Much more stimulating to ride. The bike feels normal and "live" as opposed to the rigid feel on the IDT.

Okay cool. Looks like rollers it is. Will probably improve my concentration and balance in the long run especially when riding in a bunch.

i have the tacx idt and love it. i dont have rollers, always wanted to know if you can do a fullon sprint

on the rollers. 100% flatout

I havent ridden on rollors yet, but I know when I'm on the IDT its 50-60min of quality training with intervals. feels like I should ride them atleast twice a week and it can make a difference to my cycling.

IDT for sure . Rollers are boring and never feels like you getting proper workout . Rollers been standing in the corner since I got the IDT .