2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

And then this.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/35596780/452147184.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The bike looks intact and if you look at the pic's of the broken frame bike the seatpost and saddle are in a different position.

edit: just seen this is the spare bike. :blush:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jip, he didn't feel the pain.

True story....

I fell off my MTB a few years ago - on my knee. It hurt as hell and then the pain went away. Thought it was nothing. Cycled home for the last 5 km or so. And then it REALLY started to hurt. X-rays revealed that my patella was split into 2. Fractured. Was screwed back together again.

cracked my patellae years ago when I fell off my mtb and landed the kneecap on a stone. It hurtlike hell but I rode the painoff. About two years later I went for a knee x-ray as I was haivng discomfort. The doc asks why I didn't tell him i had cracked teh kneecap. I tld I didn't tell him because I didn't know!

If only Spez's PR department were half as decent as their bikes. That must be the worst excuse I've heard.

Just say it; hit a big pothole at 70km/h, crashed heavily and the frame snapped. No one believes carbon to be indestructible. It happens!

maybe they have too many frame failures to explainaway to the unsuspecting people they sell bikes too....

Public frame failures like this one can't be bs'd away

And then this.

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/35596780/452147184.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The bike looks intact and if you look at the pic's of the broken frame bike the seatpost and saddle are in a different position.

That's the spare bike. . No number and he had already been bandaged.

ja, he's surely the favourite, especially on yesterday's showing, but there are four mountain top finishes. He needs one bad day and he's further back than floyd landis at a whiskey bar. FOUR MOUNTAIN TOP FINISHES!

forget froome vs wiggins, not bringin Quintana was a serious f@#$ up of note by the picos.

True, cant think what the reasoning with that was. Especially with the amount of climbing in this years tour. And only the one TT.

That does look a mess.... Surprised Belkin haven't put anything out about it.

how good is your nederlands?

http://www.nusport.nl/wielrennen/3827999/fiets-contador-in-stukken-auto-belkin.html

Alberto Contador kon maandag na zijn valpartij in de tiende etappe van de Tour de France niet verder op zijn reservefiets omdat die in tweeën was gebroken op de ploegwagen van Belkin.

De auto van Tinkoff-Saxo reed in een noodgang naar de Spanjaard toe, maar zijn reservefiets bleef haken aan de fietsen van Belkin waardoor die van de auto slingerde en op de voorruit terecht kwam.

"Het was onverantwoord en erg gevaarlijk. We schrokken ons kapot", aldus ploegleider Merijn Zeeman, die de auto bestuurde, tegen NU.nl. "Dat soort dingen gebeuren hier hè. Zij verliezen daar de Tour, dus de stress is wel begrijpelijk."

Door het incident is de reservefiets van Belkin-renner Sep Vanmarcke ook stuk. Contador ging uiteindelijk verder op de fiets van teamgenoot Nicholas Roche en moest even later afstappen.

Contador houdt gebroken scheenbeen over aan val | Nibali is ploegmaat Scarponi dankbaar na dubbelslag

Nibali better be careful, too many repeats of yesterday and the armchair dope brigade will come out.

http://www.nusport.n...uto-belkin.html

Alberto Contador kon maandag na zijn valpartij in de tiende etappe van de Tour de France niet verder op zijn reservefiets omdat die in tweeën was gebroken op de ploegwagen van Belkin.

De auto van Tinkoff-Saxo reed in een noodgang naar de Spanjaard toe, maar zijn reservefiets bleef haken aan de fietsen van Belkin waardoor die van de auto slingerde en op de voorruit terecht kwam.

"Het was onverantwoord en erg gevaarlijk. We schrokken ons kapot", aldus ploegleider Merijn Zeeman, die de auto bestuurde, tegen NU.nl. "Dat soort dingen gebeuren hier hè. Zij verliezen daar de Tour, dus de stress is wel begrijpelijk."

Door het incident is de reservefiets van Belkin-renner Sep Vanmarcke ook stuk. Contador ging uiteindelijk verder op de fiets van teamgenoot Nicholas Roche en moest even later afstappen.

Contador houdt gebroken scheenbeen over aan val | Nibali is ploegmaat Scarponi dankbaar na dubbelslag

Short translation. : They confirm the bikes did get entangled on the roofracks.

And then this.

and I cannot see another number on the spare bike ?

http://www.nusport.n...uto-belkin.html

Gotta love the Dutch language!!! "we schrokken ons kapot" :thumbup: :thumbup:

is there a pic of the broken 'spare' bike that shows the SRM unit, surely that will get swapped over?

Spazmatic should just sue the little guys again, should make them fall feel better! :devil:

Sue Allez out of the French roadworks company.

The Tarmac is not up to standard.

Someone was not doing their S-works!

Epic ... Epic FAIL!

Archived