2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Nibali has been faultless so far and it looks like he will only be the 6th rider to win all 3 Grand Tours. The others are Anquetil, Merckx, Gimondi, Hinault & Contador. I didn't rate him that highly prior to the TdF. Thought Froome and Contador were going to destroy him but can't fault his performance.

That is one special achievement for Nibs

Let's hope he gets there.

5 mins plus advantage - really bad luck or bad legz should harm his chances.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see if Valverde can hang on.

I really hope so.. last chance at podium for him. Next yr it will be the quintana show.

Hate on

Compared to a quarter century ago...

The last USA rider to win Le Tour

:ph34r:

http://cycling-passion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/greg-lemond1.jpg

Peraud is looking good. . Would AG2R not rather work for him to improve on a chance for podium than work for Bardet? Sticky situation for them..

Peraud also has some serious time trialling super powers.

I agree but i think its only a matter of time before the Journo's come out and say the only reason he won was because Chris and Alberto weren't there.

Yeah i feel for Nibs....unfortunately no matter which way you look at it that will be the case.

Tthe only response that Nibs can give and feel genuinely proud of is that he managed to stay upright and without injury, where the other contenders did not...

I agree but i think its only a matter of time before the Journo's come out and say the only reason he won was because Chris and Alberto weren't there.

I truly believe that Stage 2 was the key to his success. Froome and Contador didn't chase him down and that nullified any and all psychological gain they had over him from the Duaphine'. This new found confidence served him well over the cobble and has carried him in yellow till Paris. I believe he was the best all round cyclist this year and deserves to be the champion :clap:

His work on the cobbles was what stood out for me. Stage 2 Froome and Alberto were arrogant in not chasing him down. On stage 5 Froome was out by the time they hit the cobbles and Nibbles rode like a champ. Riding with Sagoosh and Fabulous on the bumpy stuff. That is where I became a fan

Hate on

The fat git is a co presenter on eurosport with some other irriating frenchie, this and the fact that AC and CF are not in contention has really pee'd on my 2014 TDF battery... He is pretty useless as a presenter imo.... And they always have a Lemond bike standing in the back ground.

If i had a twitter account i would tweet LA with picture, would love to see his reaction

what is the start time and when do you think they will hit the bottom of the du tourmalet?

Climbs of the day

- Km 28: côte de Bénéjacq (cat. 3), 2.6km at 6.7%

- Km 56: côte de Loucrucq (cat. 3), 2km at 7%

- Km 95.5: col du Tourmalet (HC), 17.1km at 7.3%

- Km 145.5: Hautacam (HC), 13.6km at 7.8%

His work on the cobbles was what stood out for me. Stage 2 Froome and Alberto were arrogant in not chasing him down. On stage 5 Froome was out by the time they hit the cobbles and Nibbles rode like a champ. Riding with Sagoosh and Fabulous on the bumpy stuff. That is where I became a fan

Yip the cobbles is where he won it..

Tinkoff though have shown to be very strong and Sky not at all. . BUT I think Nibbles is a worthy champ.

As for atage 2.. I am sure the thank you card to Sagooosh is in the mail.

Just listened to Wyatt waxing lyrically on 93.8 re the TdF .......got his Valverdes and Nibalis confussed for a while ;)

Climbs of the day

- Km 28: côte de Bénéjacq (cat. 3), 2.6km at 6.7%

- Km 56: côte de Loucrucq (cat. 3), 2km at 7%

- Km 95.5: col du Tourmalet (HC), 17.1km at 7.3%

- Km 145.5: Hautacam (HC), 13.6km at 7.8%

Those last two

:eek: :eek:

Those last two

:eek: :eek:

Darn dammit.. kids have bloody cricket practice all day.. first the one and then the other.. up and down in the car for me.

Maybe I'm being a bit of a nob, but every time I hear people saying "Knee Barley" I freak out.

His surname is pronounced "Knee-Ba-Lee".

Peter Sa-gan, not Peter Say-gun.

Is it just me, or are there other nobs like me :whistling:

Not trying to correct anyone, like the grammar nazis, but a commentator/sports journalist's job is to find out how to correctly pronounce someone's name.

Archived