2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Looks ok to me, not sure what the fuss is about. Cancellara for me to take the stage today.

post-32242-0-57731000-1404900312_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that Nibali can win the TdF this year? (or am I the only loon?)

Looks ok to me, not sure what the fuss is about. Cancellara for me to take the stage today.

Looks like Modise farm.

Does anyone else think that Nibali can win the TdF this year? (or am I the only loon?)

Some bloke with rabbit-like teeth said some rugby tournament is not won in May. I'm sure if Paul Sherwin knew this bloke, he would try make some comparison to the Tour not being won after stage 4.

But no, you're not loon (yet) - he has a good chance while he is still riding (injury-free, no mechanicals and still has a can of lady-luck in his back pocket.

Definitely

Defending yellow for so long though will test the Astana team

He's got climbing powers

That 50 km ITT will be a test for Nibs, stage 20 I think

Definitely

Defending yellow for so long though will test the Astana team

He's got climbing powers

That 50 km ITT will be a test for Nibs, stage 20 I think

He has improved his TT, can see he puts a lot of work into it. However, I do not think his climbing will create a gap big enough that Froomey and Conty could not catch up in the TT. Basically, they climb as well if not better than him, and both definitely TT better than him.

Cobble sections have been reduced from from 15.4 km to 13 km due to the severe weather conditions.

Sectors 5 and 7 removed

Stages like this must be hell for the mechanics as well. They have to make changes to the bikes the night before and have to surely repair them after the mayhem of the stage.

Stages like this must be hell for the mechanics as well. They have to make changes to the bikes the night before and have to surely repair them after the mayhem of the stage.

Unlike MTB, they aren't limited the same frame for the duration of the Tour.

These will be special bikes for the stage.

Also, flat stages and mountain stages will have different frames and setups.

So basically the mechanics can prep before the time.

The nightmare is on the stage where they can't get to a rider becuase of the narrow roads and gaps between riders.

The last wet Paris-Roubaix had 190 starters and 41 finishers... :eek:

Softies.

Unlike MTB, they aren't limited the same frame for the duration of the Tour.

These will be special bikes for the stage.

Also, flat stages and mountain stages will have different frames and setups.

So basically the mechanics can prep before the time.

The nightmare is on the stage where they can't get to a rider becuase of the narrow roads and gaps between riders.

Gary Blem said they have 59 bikes on tour for Sky! (so 6 to 7 frames per rider!)

Ok side bets, who Ka-pows themselves first?

Contador's been looking a bit tense in front lately, todays going to require calm nerves

All go: ahhhhh uuummm (as in yoga) and relax that grip....

Archived