2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Contador was alone at the Dauphine on purpose. He rode with a B team while the A team trained elsewhere. That was always the Astana plan for the Dauphine.

Losing Roman was a big blow as he is a engine of note.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I love how, with froome retiring from the tour, everyone who doesn't like him is the worlds best bike handler all of a sudden. It's a shame and very unfortunate that he's out, but no need to be douchebags about it. The only time it's acceptable, is if you could keep hold of his wheel, in conditions of your choosing, for just two kms.

Great tour so far, but without the froome battle, I feel a bit cheated now... Sagan ftw!!

HTFU Sweetheart.

That's a narrow cheap shot, even if you don't like the guy.

HTFU yourself - Go do a tour in Belgium on some cobbles in the wet and come close to his palmares mate.

And i am not a Froome Dawg fan.

Sad day indeed for all of us who identify with his achievements.

Contador was alone at the Dauphine on purpose. He rode with a B team while the A team trained elsewhere. That was always the Astana plan for the Dauphine.

Don't you mean Tinkoff-Saxo?

Nibali rides for Astana

Well I can tell you my friend can tank me nicely after I told him he has to go watch .. standing in the rain was worth it because he met and had a chat with Greg Lemond.. his hero..

This is the message I just got...

Amazing.... I don't know what came over me. Saw him giving a tv interview on opposite side of rd. I tried getting across rd but obv all the marshals pood thier pants! When 'interview finished.... for no reason I just shouted out, Greg I can't get to u for a photo... I want one with u! All of a sudden, he pushed his kronnies aside, jumped the barrier, held out his hand and stopped the traffic.... Then calmly walked over to me!!!!!! I was so shocked! In 10 sec there 50 people around us all shouting his name and asking for a photo! He calmly just started talking to me. Asking me questions.... Amazing... We had a 5 min chat..,,, then he just said: ummm u wanted a photo? He took my phone outa my hand, shoved it onto to strangers hands and said: allé, take photos, when done he was forced to have one more photo from guy who took mine.... Then walked away to a million flashes and screams! .,,,.He came to me to chat!

Wow! Was so happy to hear that I've been watching since the 80's and he is my hero.... And we need and so happy to have him back at the Tour.... So chuffed!

Old school hero!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02969/tdf_5_froome_help_2969543k.jpg

Wonder if the brains at Sky is rueing leaving the Wig at home.

amazing race so far. I am thinking of all the pain so many of the TDF cyclists have tonight....

I'm completely gutted.

We saw Chris training in the Cradle over Christmas a few times and he was so focused on this race.

Couldn't agree more, can't remember last time I've felt so disappointed, however hats off to Nibali. Rode incredibly well.

I am getting phenomenally sick of hearing about how Wiggins should have been there. If Wiggins had been there he would have bailed as he doesn't do rain/dodgy conditions.

"Because of the mud I didn’t drop into the small sprockets and I couldn’t keep up with the front,"

Contador

"Because of the mud I didn’t drop into the small sprockets and I couldn’t keep up with the front,"

Contador

He's got guts. I'll hand him that!

A day for the sprinters with the finish in the champagne capital of Reims. But instead of passing vineyards most of the day is spent riding past vast fields of cereals, a flat and exposed terrain where we’ll have to watch for crosswinds.

Stage 6, The Inner Ring

A day for the sprinters with the finish in the champagne capital of Reims. But instead of passing vineyards most of the day is spent riding past vast fields of cereals, a flat and exposed terrain where we’ll have to watch for crosswinds.

Stage 5, The Inner Ring

Not stage 6?

Before the start of this years TdF I picked Nibali to back just because he was my 'least worst' of the big 3 contenders.

Now I am a fully paid up member of his fan club.

That was a proper old school defence of a Yellow Jersey on a proper old school stage.

Great ride, tough, brave, agressive and very smart. His team too.

Chapeau!

Negative Chapeau to Froome

The complete opposite, nervy, timid and not very clever. His team too.

I hope he has a real injury, not to see him hurt, but to abandon like that as defending champion because it's a bit wet, you're a bit sore and things are not going your way is unimpressive.

To me it also dishonors previous riders who have ridden through proper injury, illness and far worse weather just to finish.

Archived