Post links of cycling related incidents in the news

nathrix

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry but I for one am not convinced by this little worms remorse.

Neither do I. Real remorse impels a person to do something and sverything he did was in service of himself.

• 2 months later...

Yet more shocking confirmation of how pathetic our criminal system is.
Cant believe that this persons blood was not taken at the scene of the accident.
Cant believe that he has been allowed to ruin the lives of 2 different families and then gets off scot-free blaming it on a phantom rock thrower as he made his way home from a nightclub.
There should be an IPID investigation done into the investigating officers and the police who failed to take his blood timeously.
Such a travesty of justice. 
There should be an appeal of his release.

Yet more shocking confirmation of how pathetic our criminal system is.

Cant believe that this persons blood was not taken at the scene of the accident.

Cant believe that he has been allowed to ruin the lives of 2 different families and then gets off scot-free blaming it on a phantom rock thrower as he made his way home from a nightclub.

There should be an IPID investigation done into the investigating officers and the police who failed to take his blood timeously.

Such a travesty of justice.

There should be an appeal of his release.

My stepdad used to sometimes sit as an assessor in the high court. His opinion was that a huge issue is the methods often used to get or to preserve evidence, whether poor evidence handling or beating a confession out of a suspect. He reckons that there is a severe lack of proper process within the police service and lots of people get off because of technicalities rather than not being guilty. South Africa has always had a skewed justice system, but generally (with exceptions) our courts did and do apply the law fairly, but can only operate with what is presented to them.

This is an example of poor process on the ground d translating into this outcome

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...