Dear Giant...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doggone they are digging to new depths of BS. The stuff must not decompose as readily anylonger.

Nice looking bike thought but probably as heavy as the BS marketing.

Oh my hat. There's less smoke and mirrors at a sharemaxx stock option opening...

That's 5 minutes of my life well spent. Derp.

I think we should all just chill and not care too much about how Giant markets their bikes. Their marketing strategy gave birth to this thread, and even I took a second look at their new bikes and in fact now I want one. I only care about how the bike rides at the end of the day, I really don`t care much how they go about their marketing.

I think we should all just chill and not care too much about how Giant markets their bikes. Their marketing strategy gave birth to this thread, and even I took a second look at their new bikes and in fact now I want one. I only care about how the bike rides at the end of the day, I really don`t care much how they go about their marketing.

Huh, where's the fun in that?

You'll be putting popcorn vendors out of business. For shame.

Giant are struggling. They are not selling the numbers anymore. Now the marketing department has to come up with clever ideas.

They're the world's biggest bicycle manufacturer and sales have only been increasing. As well as making frames for other BIG manufacturers, they are also investing more into their racing programs, and havily into R&D. That they're limiting wheel size to one (over time) and are pretty much the last to do it shows that they've done their homework and they're being very, very deliberate about it. When you're a publicly listed company you have different objectives and one of those is to please shareholders. Their share price has only increased in the last five years...

If you think you can do a better marketing job, here's a good start:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/backoffice/_upload_us/Liv_GlobalMarketingManager%20092413%20_2_.pdf

• 11 months later...

:lol:

you're all just upset because they say 29hers are ****

I remember a ton of posts a year ago with the 29" guys saying 26" was over.

Now 27.5" says 29" is over and you all upset.

I bet anyone that there will be more 26" sales than 29" sales worldwide in 2014.

and 27.5 is gonna fly through the roof just like 29" did when it started here.

29hers are History

So it's a year later, care to comment on this silly statement you made?

I just bought another 29'er for myself - and my wife got one during the last year as well! Pity I did not see this thread earlier.....

Please all go and buy 29'ers and 27,5'ers so that the used wheel, shock, frame market gets saturated with 26'er equipment and I can get bargains and still enjoy my ride!

So it's a year later, care to comment on this silly statement you made?

I will with pleasure.

I will still stick with my statement.

I would guess WORLDWIDE

27.5" - 70%

26"    - 16%

29"    - 14%

If you have the time to research the stats be my guest but I really don't have the time and couldn't be bothered.

Archived