Paarl Leaque's kamakazi commisaire!

mp321

racing hart, i suggest you go back to school - i asked you a simple "yes" or "no" question - did you or did you not sign an entry form which stated that the white line rule applies?

now i suggest seeing as you are so FSCKING important and brilliant that you get a cortract with a euro team and go race there seeing as the SA racing is beneath you and you are superior to the rules.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PPA... STOP DOING THE LEAGUE EVENTS.

GET BACK TO THE NORMAL FUNRIDE SIDE OF CYCLING.

Lets the league fukkers establish their own league with their own Offiials.

Hi guys. I did not reed this whole topic yet but just want to say this. I am the guy who took the mirror of. I did not have much place to go. We were going about 50km/h plus. I have been cycling for 15 years. I have ridden in france for two years and never in my life seen an official trying to take a bunch out.! It was insane. And then afterwards he does not even apologise. Like Auction Lamb said. What if somebody hit the back of his car... Then this would have been a different topic all the gether.

Craig Hawtry and half the comms at PPA events have a Sh!t attitude half time. I remember when i was junior He had a sh*t attitude. I want to see officials at races who like to chat to the riders and sort things out and makes things better and solve problems. NOt try and harm you? What trust is that....

My hand is pretty bruised today. Can i send the medical bill to Craig so he can hand it in at his insurance all together?

INdeed another bad day for western cape cycling coming after a great event like the tour de Boland...

PS. The most dangerous part of our race crossing the white line was an official car trying to kill us.  There were only about maybe 5 cars that was oncoming traffic. After Willemse Sr took over the marsheling it was great... YES we were wrong crossing the white line.

HendrikS, if i were you i would submit the med bills to him - as had been unanimously agreed, his actions were clearly outta line. and now we have it "fromt he horses nouth" - there were oncoming cars and yes, the bunch was wrong crossing the line so let's leave that at that. The race organisers must, however, ensure that the marshals/officials are professional and do not increase to any dangers thorugh hot-headed actions.

i hope your  hand heals up soon.

no, but the point is:

There is a white line rule (and for abvious reasons),

and everytime the league guys try to justify why the "road comm" have no understanding,.. and my pet hate...

that us the funriders, don't race league and have no clucking clue what racing is.

So its simple:

The PPA must stop this league thing, because its always them to blame.The riders will never take blame and will always justify their actions

Let them get back to the Saturday afternoon WPCA League rides while, we the funriders, rest after a mornings funride, watching how the BULLS nail the Prima Donnas of the rugby world.

I should say that I agree with popeye.  Where are the numbers?  The league or the funriders?

Rolling road closure? For whihc group. Just the Elites? or the vets' date=' juniors ladies and whole funride? after all the entry is the same on the day for all![/quote']

the answer is quite simple rolling road closure should apply where they race for points and price money....

I thought about this last nite, it seems that the only time when this problem will be solved sufficiently is when an elite rider(s) gets seriously injured or worse....CryCryCry

And as true as I'm sitting here, I DON'T  want to see that day... there are just too many riders in that bunch that I personally know and care about....this has gone on far too long Dead

All the elite riders that have posted here have said they were wrong in crossing the white line.  Being disqualified wasn't the problem.  It was the way it happened that is causing the angst.

Yes it would be nice to have rolling road closure, and the Tde B showed that it might be a possibility.  But due to the different nature of the TdB and PPA rides a lot of work will need to be done in order to set it up.

I should say that I agree with popeye.  Where are the numbers?  The league or the funriders?

that's exactly the way the ANC argue
Racing Hart2008-02-18 00:54:07

Posin, lets look at rolling closure:

Will it be for:

Elites

Sub-Vets

Vets

Ladies

Masters

I think the masters start after "F"

How much xtra will it cost to have enough cops?

How will the cops know which riders is leagues and which is funriders?

or:

WILL IT ONLY BE ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE eLITES.

We are not talking here about a 150 strong "tour" setup where everyone on the road is in one races.

Every group is a race, so,

PLEASE: Convince me how rolling closure will work, without favouring a small part of the race entrants.

Rolling road closure is probably only logistically possible for the first group.  So why not change the leagues and instead of racing according to age cat we do as the rest of the world does and race according to category eg. A cat, B cat etc.

Then if you want road closure you race A cat???

Just and idea???

Well, that was a fun read! Much emotive talk, lots of jumping onto soap boxes and band wagons, good fun.

I was in that bunch, I crossed the white line, the comm's could have started controlling us earlier and then the white line rule would heave been enforced a bit better, whatever, it doesn't matter.

The issue at hand is (as the topic states): The fact that the comm tried to take us out! Not slow down a little or any gentleness. He tried to f*ck us, it would have been nice if he'd at least bought me a glass of wine before he tried to f*ck me though. At this point I am restraining myself from uttering many 4 letter expletives.