Paarl Leaque's kamakazi commisaire!

mp321

Hmmmmm.... I like that cat idea Le Tour, just for pedal power events where the problem is....

It's actually a brilliant idea....

hi5!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posin' date=' lets look at rolling closure:

Will it be for:
Elites
Sub-Vets
Vets
Ladies
Masters

I think the masters start after "F"

How much xtra will it cost to have enough cops?

How will the cops know which riders is leagues and which is funriders?

or:

WILL IT ONLY BE ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE eLITES.

We are not talking here about a 150 strong "tour" setup where everyone on the road is in one races.

Every group is a race, so,

PLEASE: Convince me how rolling closure will work, without favouring a small part of the race entrants.

[/quote']

Pops its not about favouring a small part of entrants any more....we are long pass that and the logistics (if we really want) can be worked out...nothing is impossible....

but right now I'm sh*t scared that is going to continue....Dead

and I agree with Le Tour, all the riders were quite happy to accept the decision yesterday, but the execution of that decision is what's causing this pot to boil over at this point in time

I rode VD for the second time in my three years of cycling and must say it was a pleasure not having to worry about the kamakazi's in the open bunches. One accident witnessed at about 17km in the race,however the guys behind had a field day with all the reports coming in with accidents happening on the route.

I observed the following on that long road yesterday, the licensed riders in Gauteng seem more respectful towards others in the bunch and can pick the novice rider immediately like they done with me Yet NO bashing only advice issued which was well received.

Regarding the WHITE LINE I must say the VB,VC,VD and ladies have no chance of racing if this rule is upheld in Gauteng at all as the bunches are very competitive and will not give an inch to the next rider hence the bunch scatters across the road and the comms and THINK BIKERS controlled the situation hence no accidents occuring with oncoming vehicles.

Image yesterdays scene VB getting caught by VC and slowed down for couple of kays which allowed the ladies to catch the VC,s as well now you have three huge groups trying to race and pass one another for several km,s with the bikers and comms cars in between and NO accidents occurred, great job done by officials on the road. However if the white line rule was brought into play at least 700 riders would have been disqualified at that point. THUS officials must think on their feet and make a constructive decision based on safety for all.Last week we had the Vets stopped for crossong the white line At emperors and all accepted it because it was a danger no problem there. I believe the riders must respect the decision taked by the race comm and get on with the race as it is your life you are playing with when the situation is dangerous.

Thanks again to the race comms and THINK BIKE for the work yesterday at R4S.

yip....do not understand why the rest is moaning about the white line when this is not even the issue we all (Elites) is mad about!Confused

With Rolling Road Closure you still cannot ride on the wrong side of the road. There still will be oncoming traffic. Hopefully standing still. I've seen these races in Holland and the only spot where they stop the traffic is at intersections.

Further in Belgium the cyclist are like free game. The number of cyclist hit in Belgium is a lot. Seen that to.

And when cycling/training in Holland/Belgium the cyclist stop at robots. Not to sure any of the "league riders" do that in SA.

Keep to the rules. It's easy as that. End of the road is the white line. If the road was closed, you can be sure that the front guys would have been riding on the edge of the road. You still wouldn't have had space to ride in there slip.

Stop acting like you are the only real cyclist at a race.

PLEASE: Convince me how rolling closure will work' date=' without favouring a small part of the race entrants.

[/quote']

Rolling road closure where it is most needed, obviously the Elite bunch is causing problems.

People who know nothing about racing, who weren't there or who have never raced, should not comment and shouldn't be officials. 

Where does all the league entry, race entry and PPA membership money go?

Craig Hawtry was negligent and irresponsible. he could have cost someone their life, we are all lucky in the Elite bunch not to have been injured. Hawtry is a lucky man himself... He should be banned!!!

How is it possible that PPA cannot get rolling closure on the exact same stretch of road with the exact same traffic authorities that Hendrik Lemmer was able to do in the Tour de Boland?

Many of the officials hve really bad attitudes towards the riders. A the last league event a team mate of mine was accused of guttering across the white line in the previous race and was told his number was taken down, he was not even in the country when the alleged incident occured. Furthermore we were told that we are Elites are all brainless and stupid, this was on the start line. Yesterday elite rider number 11  had his one number upside down, he was grabbed by the arm by an official and kakked out and told to fix it, this was a minute before the start. Another official came and did the same, to which another rider joking replied that he is number 11 and it does not matter which way round the number is 11 is always 11. lets just say the official did not have a sense of humour.

If the white line law was enforced consequently by the officials, yet with good judgement, these problems would not occur. But I must say, rolling closure is the way to go...

Officials should be people who love and want to serve the sport of cycling, not people who are rude and on power trips. There are some really good officials, people like Alrich Kulsen, who also have experince as riders, who are approachable and friendly. Respect to them.

sox's, its easy to understand why the Td Boland had rolling closure.

There was ONE START for all. 150? riders, Police and cops knows that every cyclist with a number on that road was in the race.

Easy to handle 150 riders, (maybe 2 or 3 groups) ?

PPA Funride: One thousand 500 riders, League groups start different times, League groups not even starting behind each other, but mixed between the funride groups.

Thats the difference.

OK, THIS IS MY LAST.

All the other groups is smilling on their times, because the CREAM OF THE CROP is stupid enough to get DQ weekend after weekend.

Hope this time, PPA get not cold feet and post the RULE BREAKERS times. Its unfair towards those who race within the race rules.

or: League Okies, contact Jaco from WPCA and asked him to START Orginize League races from the official Racing Body in the Western Cape, the WPCA.

what i find amazing is that AuctionLamb and company (the guys affected) and folk who HAVE been overseas are NOT the ones complaining about the white line rule and enforcement thereof. their only complaint is the very valid one about poor and dangerous conduct by the race official. so my recommendationt o the rest is that if you don't like the rules, then don't interfere with the game - go elsewhere cos you aren't needed. (play bingo or something)

My point exactly Pops, you haven't a clue, and you missing the point.

We don't give a sh*t about our times in any case, we just wanna race, the result counts, time is for funriders...

And no, I do not find it easy to understand why PPA could not do what GL did in tdb? Then start all leagues in succesion? All tennis players cannot play on centre court at Wimbledon, this is reserved for the Elite...

RH' date=' so you say "bugger the fun riders, get them out"?

[/quote']

not at all!! like you said at the end of the day they are they numbers and is crucial for this sport..sorry if I came across that way all I am trying to say these two groups have different needs..and these needs have to be furfilled..espiacally when it comes to road closure as lives are at stake when traffic comes skimming past..and is not possible at all even if you really want to to stick to the left hand side at all times when racing.

what i find amazing is that AuctionLamb and company (the guys affected) and folk who HAVE been overseas are NOT the ones complaining about the white line rule and enforcement thereof. their only complaint is the very valid one about poor and dangerous conduct by the race official. so my recommendationt o the rest is that if you don't like the rules' date=' then don't interfere with the game - go elsewhere cos you aren't needed. (play bingo or something)[/quote']

Phew!! THANKS slowpoke!!!Thumbs%20Up At least you see the issue here!Clap

My last and personal thought about this, I will go over the white line if I have to, that is racing, I personally will never go and sit gutter on the other side of the white line(not that I will be able to cause not strong enoughOuch) or attack! BUT if race unfolds in such a way that I have to then I will go over.....if it is not safe I will move back and drop if I have to.

Have a nice day!Wink

RH' date=' so you say "bugger the fun riders, get them out"?

[/quote']

not at all!! like you said at the end of the day they are they numbers and is crucial for this sport..sorry if I came across that way all I am trying to say these two groups have different needs..and these needs have to be furfilled..espiacally when it comes to road closure as lives are at stake when traffic comes skimming past..and is not possible at all even if you really want to to stick to the left hand side at all times when racing.

OK, now I'm with you!!!!

pOps we also need rolling road closure cause if you sit 20cm inside your side of the road, and a truck passes you thats on the white line at 120km/h, its too dangerous.  Half the people that comment here dont even know how to sit in a bunch.

If i ride with my C number I dont need or want it. But if I'm in league I need and want it. Cause in C i'm just riding for a time, in league I'm racing. Just position that counts. I dont care if its 4 hours.

We will always have a difference of opinion. And dont give me the crap that the white line is the end of the road. if the gutter is on the left I WILL ride in the gravel from time to time. if I dont I'm dropping, will take the chance. lets start with elites for the road closure, but if you dropped you dont get it. WHY? Cause youre race is finished, you cant win.

I almost chased an official home in the 3 day cause I didnt like the way he talked to cyclists.

pOps we also need rolling road closure cause if you sit 20cm inside your side of the road' date=' and a truck passes you thats on the white line at 120km/h, its too dangerous.  Half the people that comment here dont even know how to sit in a bunch.

If i ride with my C number I dont need or want it. But if I'm in league I need and want it. Cause in C i'm just riding for a time, in league I'm racing. Just position that counts. I dont care if its 4 hours.

We will always have a difference of opinion. And dont give me the crap that the white line is the end of the road. if the gutter is on the left I WILL ride in the gravel from time to time. if I dont I'm dropping, will take the chance. lets start with elites for the road closure, but if you dropped you dont get it. WHY? Cause youre race is finished, you cant win.

I almost chased an official home in the 3 day cause I didnt like the way he talked to cyclists.
[/quote']

LOLLOL....VERY TRUE!!

I cannot imagine how someone can argue with your comments here Lem, and you have proven these guys wrong!Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

AuctionLamb2008-02-18 02:07:19

well if you ride league you have to pay to enter league and ir i emember correctly the elite league is the most expensive to enter at R300

http://www.pedalpower.co.za/Default.aspx?PageContentID=203&tabid=118

maybe read this and see were the money go.

Yes Lem, I totally agree. Its a total different ball game riding league.

JUST STOP MOANING ON A MONDAY MORNING WHEN YOU GET DQ'ed.

Donner the COMM on the sunday when he/she DQ your group.

STOP COMING TO THE HUB COMPLAINING.

Phone PPA DIRECTLY or mail them, dont come to the Hub trying to justify the way you ride.

(Lem,I think you should keep on riding in C, You and our friend Naas in one bunch? the tar road is just not wide enough)

Miskien moet hulle kyk wie en watter seeding groepe qualify om in die leagues te ry, as ek so na die results kyk is daar maar 'n klomp k@kkerige ryers in die leagues. (of moerse baie punctures)

maar dan ook:

In die land van die blindes, is die Een oog koning.popeye2008-02-18 02:32:41