What size chainring is good on 1x10?

Craigwt

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Miss Earth

You push up all the climbs.....The is photographic evidence thereof.

You mean video proof??

Even Super_mil (and many many more) pushed up that heel............it was going UP the World Champs DH course!! WITHOUT A SHUTTLE!

I run 38t on a 29er and find it perfect . I run a 36 at the rear

:eek: your legs must be as big as Daft Vaders.

You mean video proof??

Even Super_mil (and many many more) pushed up that heel............it was going UP the World Champs DH course!! WITHOUT A SHUTTLE!

Excuses excuses. . . . .

You mean video proof??

All I am hearing is excuses :P

Craig

I ride 32t on a 1x9 setup with a 34x11t cassette. This works well with lots of climbing involved. A 34t ring with a top 36t on your cassette should be good.

The above is on a 26er 160mm travel duallie that weighs in at 15.6kg and with heavy slow rolling tyres

Sweet, I hope it'll be good. Been for a couple of rides with the 34, definitely better... But still have a lot of work to do until its "easy" :)

I run 38t on a 29er and find it perfect . I run a 36 at the rear

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Craig, Rome wasn't built in a day. before you inveat ride that thing for a while still, see how you like it.

For some context, Craig's whip is a Giant Reign X and his stomping ground in Contermanskloof. That will never be easy on a 34t. doable, but not always fun.

May be a stupid question, but will the 32t sram xo1 chainring fit on a xt crank?

That is a stupid question.

NSBB posted a pic of it and you still have to ask?

Eish

Craig, Rome wasn't built in a day. before you inveat ride that thing for a while still, see how you like it.

For some context, Craig's whip is a Giant Reign X and his stomping ground in Contermanskloof. That will never be easy on a 34t. doable, but not always fun.

Haha, thanks Phillip, it is getting easier... or at least I'm dealing with the pain better! :)

Speaking of, I just did a conties bikeshed to bikeshed loop yesterday... Skipping out the grapevine climb. Dam that blue route is too much fun! But that last jeep track climb is still killing me!

That is a stupid question.

NSBB posted a pic of it and you still have to ask?

Eish

Thanks, couldn't view the photo on my workplace network... :thumbup:

Thanks, couldn't view the photo on my workplace network... :thumbup:

There are two different versions of the xo1 chainring. The 104mm BCD (Bolt circle diameter) fits on all normal cranks like xt etc. but does not fit on the xo1 cranks. Xo1 cranks BCD is 94mm.

what chain ansd cassette is it?

On LIttleBen's bike?

SRAM chain (for no reason other than it was a 'special' price ;) )and an SLX 11-36 cassette, all 10sp clearly.